Chapter Five: Chemistry Class

"Today we're going to talk about the states of matter...."

Vonnie stared at the Chemistry teacher, Mr Foley. The topic seemed easy but was obviously gonna be broad. She looked at the Table Of Elements on the wall in the Chemistry lab and looked down on her paper which was noting down, nothing.

She decided to jot down some important words from his mouth, which was hard. He was very boring.

"So class, there's this experiment we're gonna perform later this term. I will pair you up into groups of two or three. I dunno, I have no choice." He grabbed the clipboard with the list of students. Everything's about partners now.

She sat there, waiting for her name to be called out.

"Veronica Lynch?"

Finally!

"You will pair up with Justin McConnor."

Little voices started murmuring from behind. She looked around, hearing the strange voices with an awkward look on her face.

"I can't believe it."

"Lucky!" another voice added.

"Lucky for what? Did I get a nerd or something? I'm not Bria! I'm actually hardworking!" Vonnie wondered to herself in her head.

"Justin McConnor, my partner? That would be a dream come true." a girl with red hair exclaimed beside her.

She tapped the girl and she turned around.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry for disturbing your little gossip session," Vonnie said plainly, "but what's the big deal with Justin McConnor?"

"You haven't seen him?" She exclaimed in surprise.

"Would I have asked if I did?"

"Are you even in this school?"
"The last time I checked," Vonnie answered, "I've been here since 7th grade."

The red head rolled her eyes, "Justin McConnor is like the hottest and smartest guy in this grade."

"So? You use the word 'like' to speak?" Vonnie stated.

"Are you like even listening to me?" the girl mentioned, her tone of voice changing.

"Yeah she does.", "Like yeah!" Vonnie replied, "But how come I've 'like' never heard of him before?"

It didn't surprise Vonnie. Most of the things that happen in school, she doesn't really hear about it. She doesn't really care. It's why she always got As. Always focused on nothing but books.

The red head pointed to the front of the class where a tall guy with dirty blonde spiky hair with broad shoulders was sitting. She could tell that he pushed up the sleeves of his blazer because he was busy writing.

"I wish I was his partner. That girl is so lucky."

So, Vonnie's the lucky girl? What's the big deal about this guy? He seems normal. Then he turned around facing back, and Vonnie noticed his light brown eyes.

"Wait a minute, he's sorta cute." she thought to herself.

He spotted her staring at him and their eyes finally met. He stared at her with a cute corner smile on his face and she stared back without realizing what she was doing.

"Mr McConner?" Mr Foley called him.

He looked forward, "Yes, sir?" His deep toned voice rang into her head. Hot!

He pointed at Vonnie. "That's your lab partner, Veronica Lynch."

He looked back again with side smile on his face, sending little chills down her spine. Why these weird feelings? She's seen many cute guys before but he... he was different.

He just kept on staring at her. Why was he staring so much? She felt strangely nervous all of a sudden. Don't do something stupid!

She grabbed her textbook and opened it, covering her face. Then she wondered if he was still staring. She peeped a little and caught his eye.

Dammit, stop staring!

The final bell rung. Everyone got up and headed out the door. Vonnie quickly packed up her books and walked out the class. Then someone blocked her exit, someone tall. She looked up and saw the same brown eyes looking down at her.

Justin McConner.

His neck tie was sagged and his collar button was opened. He actually looked dreamier in person.

"Please, excuse me." She said softly.

"Veronica Lynch, am I right?" He said in his deep toned voice.

"Umm..." she gulped, "Yes..."

He brought out a hand, "I'm Justin, your partner.", and gave her a handshake, but didn't release her hand. She felt his strong, huge hand grip onto hers.

"Nice to meet you." she said to him, "I better leave now. I'll see you tomorrow." And she quickly let go of his hand.

"Why the rush?" he asked.

"I'm gonna...miss the bus." she replied.

"Hold on," He said, holding her back, "Calm down."

She stammered nervously, "Well, it's just..."

"You don't mind if I take you home, do you?" he asked politely.

Vonnie blinked profusely. Justin just asked if he could drive her home. They just met. That was so sudden.

"I can't. I have to make a stop but thank you for the offer. I have to go now. I'll see you in Chemistry tomorrow." and she took off, leaving him there with skid marks on the floor. He watched her run off. She looked back and caught him smiling at her.

Vonnie kept on running and suddenly slowed down. The crowd increased in the hallway. His smile was stuck in her head. Dumb thoughts went through her head.

Why was he staring at me? What's his problem? Does he like me? Wait, why would he like me? For crap sake I just met him! Or did I have something stuck in my teeth? Wait, was my teeth opened?

She had all these weird thoughts in her head and didn't know why she was thinking about it so much. She was still flustered after he held her hand. Without conscious thinking, She bumped into someone without looking.

"Hey!" the guy exclaimed.

She didn't turn to see his face, "Sorry! I'm very sorry!" and hastened her pace.

______________________________________

So how are the chapters going so far? Tell me what you think!
Read my Other books

LOVE ME NOT

THE TYCOON'S WOMAN

Thanks for reading!