Chapter Seven: What A Mom!

Vonnie opened the door to her house and immediately took off her shoes and flung her bag to the ground.

"Von's home!" A voice from the living room hollered.

It was none other than Isaac, Veronica's older brother. He laid down on the living room couch watching TV. His hair was dark just like Vonnie's and his bangs were long enough to cover one eye. It gave him that punk edgy look because other parts of his hair was short and spiky. Isaac was a trad goth (Traditional Goth), and he wore a grey long sleeve shirt with black jeans covered in chains. He also had piercings on his nose, ears, and lower lip. His chained covered boots were beside the couch he laid on.

Vonnie walked in and saw him watching a horror movie. The Conjuring actually.

"Uh...Isaac?"

He turned to her and faced the movie again, "Hey! I was right you are home."

"You're back from college already?"

"Nah. On break." he replied her. "Heard you're a sophomore now." He took the remote and started flipping through channels. "Wow, nothing's on today."

"Where's Roderick?" She asked him.

"Groceries." He answered straightforwardly.

"What about Leo?"

"Room." He found a channel where Evanescence, his favorite rock band, was playing and left it there.

"Will you quit answering me like that?"

"Nope." He replied and continued watching the band playing.

"Okay." And she headed to her room not too far away.

Vonnie, being the only girl of her family, had to have a room of her own. Leo was the last kid of the house and he's only 7. The three boys shared a room, leaving Vonnie in her own as the 'princess'.

Roderick was 23 and Isaac was 19, so the possibility of Roderick moving out was close.

She closed the door behind her and stripped off her uniform. She wanted to wear something comfortable so she brought out a red oversized T-shirt and above knee length shorts. Her black and half brown hair was packed up into a ponytail and she bounced on her bed, staring at the baby blue, purple and white striped wallpaper.

Her cellphone was beside her, so she picked it up and decided to chat with Kevin.

VeroLynxx: R u home yet?

It took a while before he answered and finally;

KevRay: Just got home now.

VeroLynxx: Hws d research goin?

KevRay: Normal. Scott's a smart kid.

She cocked an eyebrow.

VeroLynxx: ur so attached to Scott, arent u?

KevRay: is it a crime to hang out with a guy now? Ur d one who told me 2 gets frend of my gender!

VeroLynxx: So you wudnt feel weird hanging out with gurls. Durh! :P

KevRay: its just 4 d project, Vonnie. Besides y wud u tink itd be weird?

VeroLynxx: wenever we talk bout girl stuff?