Chapter Two: Let's Begin

"Welcome to History class sophomores! I'm Mrs Gallows."
Kevin decided to go for the Arts. He and Brianna while Vonnie went for Sciences. They were both seated together, watching the blonde, cobalt blue eyes teacher speak.
"Gosh! Who knew History would be so..."
"Boring?" Bria completed in a bored tune.
"I was gonna say factual, but boring's good." Kevin mentioned,
"Easy for you to say.You love all this!"
"I'm a smart kid. Why won't I?" he boasted proudly.
Bria rested her head on her desk.
"All right class, before we move on I would like to pair you all each in groups of two for our mid-term project. I'll call out a list of students and give each of you partners." She looked at the clipboard with the list of names, "The same way I found mine." She said to herself with a little smile on her face.
"Please I hope we pair up." Bria mumbled with her face on the desk out of tiredness.
"Really? So I'd do all the work and the only work you'd do is write your name?"
She glanced at him and rested her head back.
"It's not easy to hold a pen Kevin Rayne!" Bria retorted at his harsh but true reply.
Kevin rolled his eyes.

"Okay, Abigail Mantle, you will pair up with Carter Peterson...."
It took a while for Mrs Gallows to call out most of the kids. Then finally...
"Kevin Rayne?"
Hearing his name quickly grabbed his attention to her, "Yes Mrs Gallows?"
"You will pair up with...Scott Wilson." She told him and ticked him and the other dude's name on the list.
"Scott Wilson? Who's that?"
"I dunno! This is so unfair!" Bria complained bitterly, hitting her desk.
"Brianna James?"
She narrowed her eyes and sneered, "Yes?"
Mrs Gallows blinked profusely at her facial expression, "Is there a problem?"
"Does it really matter to you, Mrs Gallows? Would you really care?"
She ignored the response and faced the list, "Okay, you will be pairing up with Lauren Miles."
She groaned, rolling her eyes and tilting her head to the side, making he bouncy curls fall, "Who the heck is that?"
"That would be me." A voice from behind answered. Bria turned and saw a platinum blonde, thin girl with sky blue eyes in glasses looking back at her. Her hair was in a ponytail, "And you must be Brianna James. Roshon James' sister, right?"
Bria sat up and took a good turn, "Freaky blondie know me" her Black tongue thickened.
"Uhh... Just a question. There was a resemblance that's all. That's why I asked." Lauren replied nervously.
"That means you're smart!" Bria's eyes lit up happily. "Yeah he is."
"Lucky now you can write your name when she's done." Kevin teased, demonstrating the gesture to them with his pen, making Lauren giggle, "Guess I gotta find my own partner."
"Oh. Scott Wilson, right? That's easy He's over there by the window." Lauren pointed over to the window.
Kevin looked round and finally spotted a guy seated by the window. He couldn't get a good view of him but he could tell he was wearing a hood over his head.
"I'll speak to him after class."
"Don't need to. Already got an A+ in my project!" Bria whispered to him.
He looked at her, "Are you sure you're gonna graduate?" and rolled his eyes away.
"So class, your project topics will be posted on your homeroom notice boards before school ends. Please check on them and start working on them. No excuses given. The earlier, the better." Mrs Gallows advised.
The bell rang and everyone got up from their seats. Kevin stood up and walked to the hoodie kid close to the window. HE was already packing his books into his backpack.
"Are you Scott Wilson?"
The guy looked at Kevin. He had jet-black hair arranged as a side bang and had a grey head warmer inside his hood on, covering the rest of his hair at the back and leaving the front bang opened. He put up a polite smile, making his caramel colored eyes light up. "Yeah. Um, who are you?"
For some reason, Kevin couldn't' stop staring at his extremely cool hair.
"Excuse me?"
"Oh, sorry." Kevin said quickly. "Nice hair though. I'm Kevin Rayne, your lab partner."
"Right. Nice to meet you Kevin." he gave him a handshake. "I'm sorta new here."
"Yeah I noticed." Kevin replied. "Well, we'll meet again when it's time for the project topics o be posted. I'll see you later."
Just as Kevin was about to turn and walk away, Scott called out, "Hey, wait."
Kevin turned around, "Any problem?"
"I know I've told you that I'm sorta new here and all but..." his voice sounded shaky and nervous, "and well I don't really know my way around here. The students are kinda hostile her. Could you show me around or something?" he put up a shy smile like a cute puppy which was weird.
"He's gotta be shy" Kevin thought to himself. "Sure I'll show you around."
******************************************