Chapter One: Sophomores

"Quit it Bria!" Kevin Rayne complained with a whiny voice as Brianna James snatched his small comb from his hand. She grinned playfully and later bursted into laughter, seeing him pout like a spoil kid. Her frizzy curls followed her bobbing head as she laughed.

"Gosh Kev,"she said in her normal Black English accent, "it is so easy to piss you off. Chill out! Your little comb ain't going nowhere. Your hair ain't falling out pretty boy!"

Kevin pouted angrily, already pissed off and snatched the comb from her hand, combing his hair gently with care, petting it like a new born baby, and arranged it in a neat fashion, giving him that pageboy hairdo. Brianna had never seen a guy as neat as Kevin. He could comb his hair 8 times in a day and his locker was most arranged place in his part of school. His uniform like always, spotless, neatly ironed and the short sleeve shirt brought out his slightly ripped and muscular but skinny hands in shape. HE became a lot more ripped compared to last year.

He dusted the little dirt on his sweater vest and swung his shoulder bag over his left shoulder.

"I swear Kev, I have never seen a guy as neat and tidy as you." Brianna mentioned to him, arms folded, watching him bring out books from his lockers.

He closed his locker. "You have no choice when you live with two women."

Brianna rolled her eyes at him. She looked down and saw her uniform split skirt. Shorter than usual. Nearly thigh length. Must have increased in height, she thought to herself, knowing that she's short. All the years of being called a 'shorty'. She's still petite, but now she's a lot more matured in both looks and figure compared to last year. Her height went well with her dangerous curves and perfectly sized assets.

"You're looking good this time around. What's going on, Bria?"

"Striving for some height. It's not so easy being a light skinned Black American at the same time being short." she explained to him.

He walked past her and whispered into her ear, "Short girls....are hot!" and kept on walking. She rose an eyebrow and followed him until they were walking side to side.

"Thanks for the encouragement but we both know that's not true."

"Uh....who said that?" he replied with a quirky voice to her negative response, "I'm telling you. Short girls got the curves now. Most of them. The thick ladies!"

"What are you saying? You saying I'm thick?"

"Of course not....sexy whore!" he teased with a sarcastic tune, chuckling to himself.
Brianna gaped her mouth opened. "You thirsty boy, calling me thick!"

"I called you sexy, not thick!" he pointed out.

They kept on bickering about her 'curves' until Veronica showed up. She saw them bicker like always.

"Why am I not surprised?" she said to the two. "What's going on?"

"He called me a thick sexy whore!"

"Now bear in mind, I said 'sexy' not thick." Kevin defended himself.

"And the whore part?" Veronica asked.

He coughed and scratched his head, "Maybe...."

"Thirsty nigga!" Bria blurted out with her Black English tongue again.

"Not my fault you're curvalicious!"

Bria punched his arm playfully. "Perverted kid like you, Kevin."

"When did you become so pervy?" Veronica asked him.

"Hey! It's a part of us! Durh! I'm a guy!" he answered, rolling his eyes in a girly way and waved his hands in the air.