chapter 8

Everyone moans as the music changes, I stop dancing and spot my favourite green eyed spring, with a grin on his face, drawing his hands out to help me get down. We face each other and the heat of his voice fills my insides "wanna get out of here" he says.

"But Jules", I say looking around as the crowd squashes us together, he holds onto my waist keeping me steady as we are now against each other closer than ever.

"Your friend is somewhere making out with some other guy".

I scan the room and find her back against some guy, she sees me and I finally make a hand gesture that I was going to leave. She points her drink up at me and nods and drinks from her cup.

He holds me by my waist as we push through the crowd, escorting me out of the party where no one even paid the littlest bit of attention to even notice that I just left the party with our school's 'it boy'. He drapes my jacket over me, I look at him and my cheeks burn even more red than they were when I was inside dancing.

We continued walking until we saw a park nearby not far from the party, so we figured we'd sit there until the next bus made it's way. I felt a little woozy when I finally sat on the swings. The air was so heavy, I was trying my best to stay conscious from Frank's molly and the number of punches I drank. He pauses for a moment and says "so you pulled on quite a show out there" before releasing a chuckle.

I look over at him and have my hand pinned on forehead "Fuck, why didn't jules stop me?"

"I don't think i would've wanted you to stop - i liked it"

"You're just saying that".

"No seriously, especially when you were waving your jacket in the air" I have my hand covering my mouth and we begin to laugh and it turns right back to complete silence.

I look up at the sky and randomly blurt out "i snuck out" he interrupts and says "I wanna kiss you" we look at each other and my heart thumbs, my palms begin to sweat so much on the swings chain, i slide my hands down.

He let's a forced light laugh and says, "Sorry you go first..so..you snuck out huh? Crazy?"

"You want to..kiss..me?" i say nervously, he doesn't say anything, i divert the questions and answer his question.

"But yeah to answer your question.... turns out Lily and Tom don't like it when there only daughter smokes, and they found out I snuck out so i'm double fucked" i gulp and look across the park, i can feel his eyes at my side profile.

"I wanna kiss you too" i say, he looks over and i feel the soft tension as we both gaze at each other, he leans his head in, I lean mine. But then again the universe works in mysterious ways.

We buck heads.

"Ow".

"Fuck".

We both hold onto our foreheads at the same time, i laugh, i don't know if it was just my high but i felt like this was just like the movies.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Have you ever watched princess diaries?"

"No?"

I gasp, "You don't know about THE princess of Genovia"

He shakes his head looking already confused on why i'm comparing our failed kissed to a Disney film, I jump up the swing with so much excitement to explain.

"So there's this scene where she kisses the popular guy in school right, and that's' you" he raises his brow and smirks "And well they kiss , well she tries to lift her foot up to make it seem romantic but it gets caught in a net-" before I could even continue to explain he interrupts.

"A net?"

"Yeah a net - and then well the kiss flops, but isn't it funny?"

"Yeah but it's not like it's similar to right now."

"Why not?"

"Because we're' not in a beach hut and were' in a park" he laughs.

How did he even know if it was in a beach hut if he didn't watch the movie?

"Yeah I know.. It was just, the kiss wasn't right in the moment" I try to over explain, "it just wasn't right" he eyes turn soft but his facial expression still looks like he's confused which makes me think that i really just killed the vibe, I pause for a moment and add, " I think i'm just too drunk right now" i say rambling and touching my forehead that was starting to make my mind go spiral.

"Why don't I take you home?"

"Great idea."

...

"So are you gonna watch it? The movie."

Holding my hand, making my eyes light up he smiles, "for you, then yeah, i'll watch it" I suck my cheeks and blush and we continue to slow our steps. The sky had turned a little blue which was the perfect time for this, this moment was worth it.