Chapter 1: It's not over

• Dedicated to Yess Prado

Chapter 1: It's not over

It is already midday and the sun and heat  is really unbearable. A surge of uncomfortability makes its way into me. Summer is really on. So instead of tucking in my bed for a couple of minutes more, I decided that I'll just take a shower. Upon finishing, I decided to go to my bestfriend's place.

The heat outside is much worse than I thought. Moist all over everything. It's like you can already fry an egg in the streets. Despite that cruel fact, I decided to walk towards Sasha's house. Besides, it will just take a couple of strides from my house to her's. Sasha's house is a little bigger than mine since they are richer than us. 

The door bell rang for about 3 times before someone opens the door.

" Oh, hello dear! It's so nice of you to visit us."

It's Sasha's mother, Emily . Sasha got her Filipina beauty on her father who is by the way, already dead. Aunt Emily raised Sasha by her own. She works as a lawyer in one of the top law firms in the country. And that did pay her VERY well.

" Thanks. Where's Sasha?"

" She's upstairs.. you know, doing teenage stuffs. You can just go there."

It took me a while to get in her room. They have this huge house and a steep set of stairs. Even though I've been coming in and out of this house for about a year, I still do have a hard time getting used to its twists and turns.

" Oh, HI." Sasha is currently doing her workout . In case you wonder, she has this super amazing bod,

"HI? That's all you can say? C'mon! We haven't seen each other for 3 hours!!"

"Don't be silly! HAHA. Just come over here and join me in working out"

"Naah, I should probably go." Yeah, I am one lazy specie. Thanks to that, I'm a little scrawny compared to Sasha.

"Of course I won't let that! let's go to the mall?"  Sasha offered.

Maybe going to the mall is a mistake. As soon as we approached the entrance, we can already see how jam-packed it is today. Of course, people would go to the mall because of the intensity of the heat. We were not thinking. It's just too boring to be at your home and sit and eat and do anything else. I guess we just have to make the most of it.

And then it gets worse.

Sasha and I are lauging about some guy who tried to kiss her, when suddenly..

" Ouch! Hey! Can you----"   Speechless. I'm dumbfounded by the fact that HE bumped into me. HE who let my heart be shattered into pieces. HE who left me just like that.

"HI....." He nervously greeted me. 

" OH, Hi Mark!" Thank God for my bestfriend. She saves me a lot. Especially during MARK encounters.

I just can't believe how numb he can be! I can still feel his wordless leaving. It bears me so much pain. I can't even fathom why. Up until now, who don't have closure. I don't know what to think anymore. Do we still have a chance? I certainly don't know. He acts like he still cares..sometimes. But most of the time, He ignores me and he can't even talk to me. I really don't know how to act in front of him. He leaves me many clues but none of it matters,

I'm just tired.

But I can't.. 

I can't move on.. at least not right now. Maybe soon.

But as far as I'm concerned, as soon as we meet our gazes, my heart thumped wildly. It was the same feeling I had everytime we had our moments. Whenever I'm beside him.  

"Bye.." I walked out. I found Sasha keeping pace with me. 

" Are you okay??"

I need not to answer that. Because I know that she already knows. We both know that I'm not okay. No matter how hard I try to deny the fact, deep down I know, It's not yet over.