I Walked With You Once Upon A Dream Pt2

The 12 year old was slightly taken aback by the 13 year old girl calling her name "pretty" she raised her eyebrow slightly in annoyance at her, but was brought back down with Vivian's warm smile.

What harm could it do?
It wasn't like anyone else has offered to be her friend.

For the next couple of weeks the two friends were inseparable, they would spend their breaks and lunches together, Vivian was similar to Siobhan in a lot of ways, she was a bit of a loner, she was tall for her age being 5"10 and built like the side of a house, being the captain of the girls rugby team and all, she didn't fit in with the typical pretty girls and anyone who could be classed as being "beneath" the pretty, popular girls, were scared of her.

So she spent more of her time either in the library or in the school gym and that was how she liked it, she had taken a liking to Siobhan though, she didn't entirely understand why, but she seen a lot of herself in the young blonde, an outcast.

The two built a close bond quickly, they were always helping each other with homework, messing about, doodling on each other's books, during one lesson Vivian took Siobhan's pen off her and doodles

V+S<3
On the blondes note book.

Siobhan didn't fully understand what that meant, but she took it harmless fun between what was now, two best friends and it made her smile.

The truth was, Vivian was starting to have a crush on the young girl, she didn't understand herself as she was still a kid, but she knew when she was around Siobhan, it was when she felt most at peace with the world.

The school year had gone by in a blink of an eye and it was already time to finish up for Christmas break, the kids were all so excited, not Siobhan though. Christmas in her family wasn't full of festivities and presents and Christmas dinner, it was filled with going door to door with her father and mother and trying to spread the name of the lord and trying to show people why they should not let sin enter their hearts, or it was spent in church watching her father preach the word of God to like minded people.
Siobhan hated Christmas.

As the school bell rings she starts putting her books into her bags and Vivian stands up and turns to her.

"I'm going to miss you, Bon. Feels like we haven't been apart since you joined this school! I think my mum and dad will be okay with it, but do you maybe want to come to my house this weekend for a sleep over? We could stay up late and watch movies in the living room and make a fort!"
The taller girl blushed.

Siobhan knew her father would never allow it.
Not the sleep over anyway.
But she couldn't lie, she didn't want to be away from her friend longer than she needed to.

"My dad won't let me have sleep overs.."
She says in a monotone voice.

Vivian's face drops with disappointment.
"Oh. Okay it's fine I can just see when we come back after the Christmas break?"
She suggests.

Siobhan perks her eyebrow up.
She might not be able to do a sleep over, but she fully intends on still seeing her friend.
"I can ask to come over, I just can't stay the night."

Vivian's heart flutters.
She smiles and nods her head before braving to give her friend a hug, Siobhan of course didn't hug her back, she stands frozen with her arms tightly at her sides, Vivian breaks away from the hug and makes her way out of the classroom, Siobhan didn't know how to feel about that.

Why would she hug me?
Does she like me?
No, she won't.
Two girls can't like each other, dad said it's sin and against gods wishes.