Three

-next day-

When the hoglet woke up he found himself  in the arms of the colorful hedgehog known as Hyper, confused he shifted his position and let out a small yawn as he rubbed his tired eyes but paused hearing something and he looked over to see several eyes were locked on him, he should have been used to people staring at him by now but the way they looked at him made him feel like an equal but that wasn't right.. he was their prisoner, yes he was hiding his true identity but he was still theirs since he was stuck in their.. Was this what people lived in everyday? A house.

"Good morning little one." Hyper greeted, gently stroking the hoglet's blue quills.

"M-moning?" The hoglet asked hesitantly in slight baby talk that made everyone pause and..

"Aww!"

The hoglet tilted his head but quickly looked away in shame.

"He's so adorable!" Silver exclaimed, putting his hands on his cheeks as he stared at the confused hoglet with big gold eyes.

The gray hedgehog sighed and stood up before walking over and lifting the hoglet up into his arms.

"Alright off with you all, there are chores to be done." The gray hedgehog waved them off.

Everyone sighed or moaned but got up from the table and went off to get their chores done.

The gray and colorful hedgehogs stayed though, the hoglet looked up at the gray hedgehog for a second before looking back down.

"A bit demanding today huh Mephiles?" Hyper asked, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"They are all getting too distracted with this little hoglet that is getting them quite captivated." The gray hedgehog said, walking over to the fridge.

"Well they haven't seen a hoglet for a long time, not since Silver was born." Hyper reminded, standing up and clearing the table off.

"That is true but still they can't focus on just him." Mephiles replied, holding the hoglet in one arm as he took the jug of milk out of the fridge.

The hoglet listened to their conversation understanding what they meant, so if he wanted to please them he definitely had to hide his freakishness knowing it would draw them in more like the crowds that came to see the fairy that was rumored, he just wanted to be seen as something more than just a freak that needed to be chained up and used as entertainment but he had to take it slow or it will show of its own accord but one thing he had to keep from was getting angry or it would really show and not in a good way either.

"Well at least it's something to keep them occupied." Hyper shrugged, starting on the dishes.

The hoglet watched quietly as Mephiles poured some milk in a glass that he handed to him.

"Drink." Mephiles commanded, noticing the hoglet's hesitation.

The hoglet's ears twitched a bit and recognizing the white liquid he quickly drank up, the taste made his tail wag and once done he licked his lips.

"I think I found his favorite drink." Mephiles mused, bringing the empty cup to Hyper who washed it as well.

"Good now he just needs something to eat." Hyper smiled, looking at the hoglet who tilted his head slightly.

Mephiles nodded slightly in agreement and went to the fruit basket where he took a pear and went into the other room where he sat down on the chair and set the hoglet on his lap.

"You hungry?" Mephiles inquired watching the hoglet intently.

The hoglet shuddered and looked down in shame, his ears folded back against his head.