Five

-night-

Sonic rolled around restlessly in his sleep but jerked awake with a squeak, trembling violently he curled up in the blankets, his mind in a whirl, not tired anymore he slowly sat up and rubbed his tear stained eyes.

Suddenly a shiver went up his spine and he looked about the room but no one was around, ears flicking back he slowly crawled out of bed and keeping very quiet he snuck out of the room to the hall, glancing around he took a breath and shook himself before sneaking down the hall to the stairs where he snuck down to the living room where he looked around for anyone.

Getting quite curious he went to the entry room where he found the door open a crack, ears perking up a bit he snuck over and slowly he opened the door a bit more and peeked outside where he took in the fresh air.

His mind now on the thought of complete freedom again he slipped out and getting excited for the second time he hurried into the thinned woods his legs getting the exercise they desperately needed, letting his arms go back behind him he burst into a much faster run that left streaks of blue light trailing behind him.

He wove easily through the many trees of the forest, his heart pumping with joy and excitement; he never felt so alive except for the few minutes of freedom in the sky several days ago. He wanted to fly but he wanted to run even more since he hadn't run for so many years.

Getting more thrilled he ran even faster till he was nothing but a blur, he loved the feel of the wind brushing his face and fur, it made him giggle with excitement.

He kept going till he tripped over a root making him collapse and tumble down the hill, quickly he curled into a ball and rolled down dodging as many trees he could till finally he came to the bottom where he continued to roll at a high speed, suddenly he rammed into something where he fell back and uncurled.

Putting a hand on his head he slowly sat up and with a groan he got to his feet where he stumbled in overwhelming dizziness that made him collapse several times.

"So you dare come back?"

Startled Sonic looked over to see the ringmaster standing there, panicked he looked around and found he was in the big top that he used to perform in, suddenly someone grabbed him and pinned him to the ground and he realized it was the brute of the circus.. the strongest man which was this muscular man's title.

Frantically he tried to get away but the grip on his neck and side of his face pushed down harder keeping him pinned, the feeling of freedom he had a few minutes before vanished by now like the ability he had used to escape the house which he now wished he never left.

"You cost me a lot of trouble with that buyer, and now that you're back in my custody I will make you regret ever existing." The ringmaster snarled, signaling to some other performers. "Get the restraints."

Sonic paled at that knowing exactly which ones he was talking about, panicked he struggled even harder to get away his fear spiking at a dreadful rate.
They then dragged him out of there to a secluded area where he was forced down, he tried his hardest to get free but it wasn't doing him any good as they clasped his feet together with iron chains that burned him at the touch making him hiss in pain, they made sure the other end was secure enough that he couldn't get any farther then a few feet.

Sonic clawed at the ground desperately trying to get away but he couldn't, the chains burned his ankles making him tense in pain.

"Now you will pay for your treachery." They said taking out a whip that they used on the helpless hoglet.

Sonic jerked and flinched from the pain that overwhelmed his senses, terrified he let out an ear piercing cry of distress that was carried off into the night winds.