chapter 1.

NAOMI.

waking up to the sound of my siren alarm clock, i looked at the time to see it was 9:30am. the first day of college as well. i hopped out of my cozy water bed, making my way to my bathroom and into the shower. i was so excited for today, not only because i get to learn more things about law and criminal justice, but because my dream finally came true.

my parents always bugged me about college and I've always been a "geek" or whatever you wanna call it, throughout elementary, middle, and highschool. school was always important to me, and just like mama ALWAYS told me " without an education, you'll most likely become a bum on the streets begging for money." yep, my mom was that type of mom.

after about 15 mins of taking a nice hot shower, i walked to my closet grabbing out my grey maxi dress, a brown belt and my brown sandals.

i always liked to dress casual, you know. I wasn't really into things like jordans and booty shorts or fitted crop tops and things like that. i found it tacky. but I won't lie, i have wore a few pairs of jordans when i was in highschool and middle school.

i got dressed and flat ironed my short, jet black hair. i was going to millard fillmore college and it had different majors and i heard their law majors and sororities were the best! i was a little upset that i have to leave my family down in Detroit and travel all the way to Delaware. well, it was only a 9 hour drive but I'd still be home sick of course.

i had to start packing the rest of my clothes in my bags and put my boxes and suitcases in my car. i had a bmw SUV that my dad brought me for my 18th birthday. they always gave me things because of my hard work in school and being a straight A student throughout my whole school years.

I don't think I've ever got lower than a 89 or an 87 on any of my tests or exams. i have gold medals and a lot of trophies for being first in track and field. yep, i joined a lot of programs in highschool. I'd tell you about it but that'll be wasting too much time.

once i finished packing all the things, my brothers and sisters helped me put all my things in my car. oh yeah, i have 4 brothers and 3 sisters, and once i leave they're gonna try and turn my room into a game room, which is not happening.

i wasn't so anxious for college cause I didn't really worry about friends or boys or any of that. I didn't need negativity in my life, all i needed was to do all the things i needed to do and get the hell out of college so i can become a criminal justice researcher!!!

i kissed all my family members goodbye and got in the drivers seat of my car.

• •

above is a picture of naomi, if you guys could see it. but i hope you guys like this chapter!!