⚕️ Chapter 4: Where is sissy? ⚕️

The grand halls of Malfoy Manor were eerily quiet that morning, the silence punctuated only by the soft rustle of drapes swaying in the breeze. Four-year-old Draco Malfoy padded down the staircase, his tiny feet barely making a sound on the polished marble. He was excited, a bright smile lighting up his cherubic face as he clutched a toy dragon in his hand—today was supposed to be a day of adventure with his sister, Daphne.

"Daphne!" he called out, his voice echoing in the vastness of the manor. "Are you ready to play?"

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he paused, glancing around the empty foyer. The absence of his sister felt strange, a heaviness settling in his small chest. Draco's brows knitted together in confusion as he moved toward the sitting room, where he had last seen her playing with her dolls.

"Daphne!" he called again, a bit louder this time, a hint of worry creeping into his voice.

He peered into the sitting room, but the plush cushions lay untouched, and the sunlight streaming through the window illuminated a space that felt far too empty. His heart raced, and he hurried toward the kitchen, where he spotted his mother, Narcissa, standing by the stove, her back turned to him.

"Mommy!" he exclaimed, bursting into the room. "Where's Sissy?"

Narcissa turned, her expression immediately softening as she saw her son. "Draco, sweetheart," she said, kneeling down to his level, her eyes filled with concern. "What are you doing down here?"

"Where is Sissy? I want to play with her!" He clutched the toy dragon tightly, his small fingers digging into its plush body.

Narcissa's heart sank. She hesitated, searching for the right words. "Daphne... she's not here right now, love."

"Not here?" Draco echoed, his voice wide with confusion. "But she was just in her room! We were going to play!"

"Draco, sweetie," she said gently, reaching out to him. "Daphne had to go somewhere. She'll be back soon."

"Where?" he insisted, a hint of desperation creeping into his voice. "Did she go to play with her friends? I want to go too!"

Narcissa's heart ached. How could she explain? How could she tell him that his sister was gone, taken away by dark forces beyond their control? "She's... she's with someone who needs her help right now," she said finally, her voice barely above a whisper.

Draco's brows furrowed, a frown forming on his face. "But she promised!" he exclaimed, his voice rising. "She said we would have a dragon hunt today!"

"I know, sweetheart. I know," Narcissa said, pulling him into her arms, desperate to shield him from the harsh realities of their world. "I promise we'll find her. You have to be brave for both of you."

Draco sniffled against her shoulder, confusion and sadness mixing in his young heart. "I don't want to be brave, Mommy. I want Sissy back!"

Narcissa held him tighter, feeling her own composure cracking as his small body trembled in her embrace. "I understand, my little dragon. I miss her too. But we have to stay strong, okay? For Daphne."

Draco pulled back slightly, searching her face for answers. "Will she come back?" His voice was small, vulnerable.

Narcissa swallowed hard, the lump in her throat making it difficult to speak. "Yes, darling. She will come back. I promise you."

He nodded slowly, though uncertainty lingered in his eyes. "Can we go find her?"

"Not right now," she replied, brushing a lock of blond hair from his forehead. "But we can do something else together. Would you like to play a game with me?"