2

CHICAGO IL
10:30AM

" excuse me " kamiya responded clocking her head back at him

" excuse me " kamiya responded clocking her head back at him .
" you heard me shawty . Took you look enough to reply , gotta start using your words " the young man responded with a slick comment underneath his breath .

" alright cool, how would you know if I was looking at you if you weren't looking at me ?" Kamiya replied
" I just so happened to look around the room and saw you literally staring at me shawty , don't try to twist it like you weren't imagining shi in your head " the young man laughed

Kamiya rolled her eyes before hearing the laughing coming from the group of young teens from the side of her .

This is going to be a long day .

" don't mind him , he's always mean like that . Once he bullied a girl and she moved because of him " the pretty hazel eyed girl spoke with a bright smile .
" I'm not surprised " kamiya responded .

" be seated class " kamiyas second teacher said as he entered the loud class .
Everyone begin to take their seats but the young man who kamiya previously was in a heated argument with took his seat beside her .

He didn't look at her but instead , he put his black iPhone on the desk and sloughed back into the seat exposing his throbbing adams apple . His light brown eyes roamed around the room . Kamiya noticed his eyes looking up and down at the girl who set across from her .

She was Carmel , looked about 115lbs , and had pretty little pink locs . His eyes had a look of hurt behind him which made kamiya think . " could that be his girlfriend?" The voice in kamiyas head spoke loudly.

Ken's pov

The classroom was buzzing with energy, but Ken sat in the back, his mind a storm of thoughts. Mr. Stephen droned on about the Civil War, but all Ken could focus on was the way Aaliyah sat up front, doodling in her notebook, her locs swaying slightly as she leaned over her desk. There was a time when he loved that about her—her ability to find joy in the mundane—but those days felt like a lifetime ago.

"Ken! Pay attention!" Mr. Stephen snapped, breaking through Ken's thoughts. "This is important, and I expect you to engage."

Ken shot back a glare. "I don't need to hear your boring lecture. This class is pointless."

"Maybe it would help if you weren't busy staring at Aaliyah," Mr. Stephen countered, a hint of sarcasm creeping into his voice.

Ken clenched his jaw, an angry heat rising within him. He hated that everyone thought they knew his feelings about Aaliyah. They had no idea what he'd been through. "I wasn't staring, man. Ain't nobody got time to look at her."