chapter 10

A few days after the party incident, Anya walked into her house, exhausted from a long day at the office. Her stomach growled with hunger, and she hastily dropped her bag and headed straight to the kitchen.

"Akka, I'm starving! Is there anything to eat?" she asked, hoping for a quick rescue.

Akka, her loving caretaker, smiled warmly. "Oh, you're back! Let me prepare something quickly. Sit down, dear."

Anya obeyed, taking a seat at the table as Akka hurriedly prepared a delicious meal. The aroma filled the air, and Anya's stomach growled louder in anticipation.

Finally, Akka presented her with a steaming plate of food. Anya devoured it, savoring every bite. "It's so tasty, Akka!" she exclaimed.

Akka beamed with pride. "Thanks, miss."

As Anya lingered at the table, Akka approached her with a thoughtful expression. "Umm, miss, I've been meaning to ask you for a long time, but I always forget. Is there something specific you'd like us to get from the grocery store? Something you crave?"

Anya's cheeks flushed as she replied with a shy smile, "Well, some sweets... like chocolates and ice cream."

Akka nodded enthusiastically, her eyes sparkling with understanding. "Okay, miss."

With a contented sigh, Anya rose from her seat and headed to her room, feeling grateful for Akka's warmth.

Harshal also got home after Anya, and noticing she was sleeping on the bed, he changed his clothes and lay down for some rest. After some time, Harshal woke up to a call and stepped outside to attend it. Anya, too, woke up from her sleep due to an unusual feeling, sitting on the bed with a yawn.

She realized it was her periods date and quickly got off the bed, moving to the washroom. There, she confirmed her fears: she had forgotten to buy pads beforehand and was now getting tense.

Upon exiting the washroom, she saw the stain on the bed and hurriedly tried to change the bedsheets. However, Harshal was already in the room, standing near the bed.

She shyly approached the bed, took out the bedsheets, and heard Harshal say, "Leave it; the servant will clean it. I'll ask them to change the bedsheets."

Anya replied in a low voice, looking down in embarrassment, "No, no, it's okay. I'll do it myself."

Harshal insisted, "I pay them for their work; there's no need to worry. Leave it here."

Anya left the bedsheets on the bed, and Harshal called one of the maids to the room. Anya told her about the stain.

After changing the bedsheets, the maid left with the old ones. Anya realized she had forgotten about pads and didn't move from there because she had stain on her dress and Harshal was standing there .

As Anya stood frozen, Harshal asked, "What's wrong? Why are you standing like a statue?" Anya's embarrassment deepened, unsure of how to respond. "N... nothing," she stammered.

Harshal's curiosity grew as he noticed Anya's hand covering something on her dress. He gently grasped her arm, guiding her backward, and saw the stain. "If you need anything, tell me," he said softly.

Anya's face turned crimson with embarrassment. "Uh, yeah... umm... can you please call Akka?" she replied, avoiding eye contact with Harshal.