chapter -11

After reaching Harshal's office, Anya and Harshal stepped out of their car and approached the front glass door, where two guards stood at attention. They bowed and greeted Harshal with a respectful "Good morning, sir" before opening the door. Harshal entered, holding Anya's hand, and said, "Just stick with me." As they walked onto the main floor, the employees present rose from their seats to greet Harshal. Their eyes, however, remained fixed on Anya, transfixed by the sight of Harshal holding her hand.

"They're staring at me," Anya thought to herself.

Without hesitation, Harshal guided Anya into the elevator, and they ascended to the fourth floor.

After reaching the 4th floor, Harshal led Anya to a room with a large guard. The guard opened the door, and they went in. Anya looked around the big room, seeing a table with a MacBook, a fancy chair, and a comfortable sofa. There was also a large window with a clear view of the city.

"Sit here," Harshal said, pointing to the sofa. Anya sat down.

Harshal checked his watch and called his assistant on the phone. "I need water and a glass."

Minutes later, his assistant arrived with the requested items. As he handed them to Harshal, his gaze drifted to Anya, seated on the sofa. "Oh, good morning, miss. It's nice to see you here."

Anya smiled and replied, "Good morning."

Harshal told his assistant, "I'll be in a meeting shortly. Manage things for me until then."

His assistant nodded and departed. Harshal then retrieved medicine from the paper bag and handed it to Anya, along with the water-filled glass. She took the medicine without hesitation.

Once she finished, Harshal said, "I'm leaving for the meeting. Stay here."

Anya nodded, responding with a simple "Okay." Harshal left the room, leaving her alone.

As Harshal left, Anya settled comfortably into the sofa and began scrolling through her phone. After a while, she grew bored and stood up to explore the room, curiosity getting the better of her. She wandered to Harshal's chair, sat down, and exclaimed, "Oh, it's so comfy here!" But, not wanting Harshal to catch her, she quickly stood up.

An hour passed, and Harshal returned to find Anya sitting on the sofa, still engrossed in her phone. "Would you like something to eat?" he asked, knowing she had only had milk earlier. His tone was gentle.

Anya looked up at him, hesitating. "Um...no," she replied.

Harshal's expression turned stern. "If you feel hungry, then say it , Rather than me, nobody will ask you this," he said, reminding her that he was now her husband and her family.

Anya's gaze dropped, her voice barely above a whisper. "B...but I am not hungry...y...yet."

Harshal replied  "Okay, but if you feel hungry, then tell me."

Anya nodded. Harshal then walked over to his table, sat down in his chair, and began working on his MacBook.

After some time, a knock on the door broke the silence. Harshal's PA entered with tablets in hand and began discussing work with Harshal. Anya grew bored and tired, sitting in one position.

Noticing her fatigue, the PA suggested softly, "Mam, if you're tired, why not explore the office?"

Anya looked at Harshal, who nodded, "Well, you can if you want, but send her with Isha."

The PA called for Isha, another assistant, who arrived promptly. Isha was introduced to Anya, and they exchanged greetings before leaving the office.

As they strolled through the corridors, Isha asked, "So, mam, where would you like to go first?"