chapter 4

Author's POV

  Next morning , anya's family are getting ready for the meeting with harshal , and anya was getting panic and left for her work with them , his father and both brothers drop her at her office and leave for the Harshal office .

Harshal has already aware of their coming from his PA and had cancelled his all meetings and waiting for them
And then his waiting is not last long when they came and greet each other .
Harshal's says with his deep courteous voice ," hope u had a good journey  here "
Rajendra says " yes thank you"
And a silent took place at which Harshal proceeds and says " u can ask me whatever u want to ask , u don't need to afraid "
Next Dinesh says " we know u are successful man and u can get any girl u want then why choose  our sister "
At this harshal say with passionately, " I know u are aware of my family as I only have my siblings, and because of their worrying for me i had to choose a partner and I have found your sister the best Choice , right now i don't even know about her more likes or dislikes but I can only assure u that I will keep her safe"

And Rajendra's voice filled with emotion. "I appreciate your honesty, Harshal. Our daughter is very precious to us. We hope you'll treat her with love and care."

He paused, collecting his thoughts.
"She's a bit immature at times, but she has a good heart. She's independent, too. Got a job at a young age because she told us if she earned her own income, she wouldn't need to marry anyone."
A hint of sadness crept into his voice.
"But we worried about her future, her security. That's why marriage is important for her."

He looked at Harshal directly.

"We want you to meet Anya, talk to her privately. I hope she will mbe more assured by meeting u in person "

Harshal nodded respectfully.
"I understand, sir. I appreciate your trust. I will arrange the meeting on Sunday , my PA will send u  address "
On other hand when anya heard about it she got shocked and thinking in her mind "my god it's too soon , this Sunday and everyone was happy by hearing the praises of harshal .
Shalni say's " girls tomorrow take Anya with u and get her a new dress for Sunday "
Soniya and shriya agreed

Anya's POV

Sunday morning , finally that day came , now there's no backing up , i think ! I got up and star to get ready , and i wear the onepiece that I had bought yesterday, i don't wear much revealing clothes becouse i don't have any confidence in them and from the childhood I had never weared that type of clothes and the onepiece I had bought ,
its length falling just below my knees, revealing only a hint of my knees and feet. I kept my makeup minimal, as I was never comfortable with heavy application. My long, waist-length hair was tied up in a neat bun, and I applied a light layer of moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated.

I opted for sneakers, the only type of shoe I was allowed to wear. My family had always been protective of me, fearing I'd sprain my ankle in heels.

 My family had always been protective of me, fearing I'd sprain my ankle in heels

Feeling ready, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

Mom's eyes widened as she saw me. "Omg, my daughter looks adorable!" She rushed over to apply a small kala tika (black dot) on my forehead for good luck.
Kunal, lurking nearby, teased, "Wow, Anya's all dressed up! Trying to capture Harshal's heart already?"

I attempted to maintain a straight face but couldn't help smiling slightly.
Mom playfully scolded Kunal, "Don't tease your sister!"

Dad intervened, "Let's focus on meeting , anya u looking lovingly , your brothers and sisters in law will be there u don't have to be nervous" Taking a deep breath, I nodded, feeling a bit scared "

And we leave for the adress that he gave us
And when the car stopped, my eyes began to well up with tears. Kunal encouraged me to exit the vehicle, but I burst into sobs instead.

"Anya, it's okay, beta. Be yourself. Everything will be fine," Kunal reassured me.

Bhabi added , "We're here for you, dear."

With a deep breath, I composed myself and stepped out of the car. We entered the upscale restaurant, guided by men in black suits.

The PA greeted us, "Sir is waiting in the next room. Please, take a seat. Miss Anya, please follow me."

My heart skipped a beat as I was led to a separate room. Kunal squeezed my hand reassuringly before leaving me alone.

The door closed, and I was face-to-face with Harshal.
He looked up from his phone by hearing the sound of door and says with his deep voice , "don't be nervous , sit"

As I sit down i don't understand what to do I just looked down at hands and fidgeting with fingers with nervousness
His deep voice pulled me in reality," what would u like to order "
"n ..n.. nothing " with low voice
And then he say's. " Is Juice okay , ignoring my reply" but i felt assured he didn't force me to choose it by myself
And when I don't reply he again asks me "tell me " and I got scared and fastly nods my head and then he asks the waiter for two drinks .

Harshal's deep voice resonated through the room. "Don't be nervous, Anya. I won't eat you." He chuckled softly.
"This meeting is for your questions, your concerns. Ask me anything, or say whatever your thoughts are ."

The silence stretched, with Harshal's gentle gaze fixed on me.
I fidgeted, unable to meet his eyes.

Finally, I mustered the courage to speak.

"I... I don't want to marry."
And I got scared because I realised I have said it through my mouth and I just put the hand on my mouth and mutter "sorry ..sorry "
I noticed that he was just looking at me with no emotions and then fortunately waiter come with drinks and i felt relieved .

As the waiter leave he asks me ," and your reason "
I was drinking the juice but I choked by hearing his question and just say' with low voice "it's just i don't want to marry anyone ,i ...i want to live alone "
"That's all reason u have", says with frown
And i decided to spout everything " yes , please if u marry me , something bad will happen "a flashback takes place when "anya with crying , i am not going to marry i .. i  have told u, then what's the reason forrrr my job , i am telling u if u married me off I will run away from marriage"

And then Harshal voice pulled me back to present , "anything else u want to say " with serious tone noticing time on his watch , I just nod my head negatively.
And then he says ,"fine then it's all for today, we have plenty of time to know each other after marriage " saying this makes his way towards the door leaving me . And then my brother came and we left to home and I was just lost in my thoughts , he just ignore my warning, I will definitely show him by doing this , (I said with pout)