"Happy Family"

Chapter- 24.       "Happy Family"..

"Thank you for taking care of me." She sniffed. "I always will, angel. Ammi ne bilkul sahi kaha tha. Abh rona band karo. Tum bohot ro chuki ho." He wiped her tears, hiding his. She didn't know how she would ever be able to repay his love. She felt like a terrible person. He stroked her head and she closed her eyes.

                    Fazal's POV
My angel is crying. I can't see her like this. I have to be strong for her. I can't just break down at this time. She needs me more than anything. I can't believe everything happened so quickly. I lost my mother. The only reason I was living with that man. I will move away with Angel. She is not safe here. I can't let her be in a house like this. I will not stay any more. I have lost the only reason to. He doesn't like me anyways, he despises me. That's what he wanted. Not me. He was the one who told me that I don't belong to him and to get out of his life. I don't matter to him and if he says any nonsense to her I might lose my cool. After all that I have seen Ikra go through. I won't let the slightest same happen with Angel. I don't want Angel to face that as my wife. One week here and we're out. This is not the place to live with a wife. I've bought some bungalows, I'll ask Angel which one she likes and move into the one she chooses. No need for any formalities. "Angel..?" I looked down to see her sleeping like a baby. I smiled. My body heat was enough to make her fall asleep. I finally let my tears roll down my eyes. My heart had been cold for way too long, I guess. She was the only one who melted it with her warm and positive energy. It learned to smile warmly again. It forgot what had changed it. But she only taught it how to smile. In all this sudden happiness, it forgot that it was the heart of Fazal Alam. It wasn't meant to flutter or smile or melt or soften but it was made to be as hard as a rock, as cold as ice. She really made me forget. She cleared my sadness and made me happy. But, misfortune doesn't seem to leave my side. She made me forget that. How would I ever be able to repay her love? I carried her to her room. Lying her on the bed, I realised that her hands were burning, so was her forehead and her cheeks. She had a fever. I asked the maid to bring me a thermometer.
                        Author's POV
"Ye lijiye." "Thank you." Fazal checked her temperature, she did have a fever. "Ek nam kapda aur katore mein thoda sa paani bhi la den." "Ji, abhi layi." The maid went away and soon came back with the damp cloth and water. She squeezed water out of the cloth but Fazal stopped her. "Uh, leave the rest to me." The maid looked at him and nodded before stepping outside Noor's room. He pressed the cloth against her forehead and then her hands one by one. He sighed. "She  had just gotten better yesterday and now she has a fever again. She's too delicate. I've to keep her safer from now on."

Noor wasn't delicate, she was just overworked and the emotions towering up in her brain more and more, day by day after a long while without experiencing much of them since her childhood was triggering her health or causing side effects. However, her strength was still the same and her body had not forgotten how to fight, obviously. So, she used all of her "job time" to go on side missions while making them think that she was working in the hospital as a doctor. Her side missions were both time and energy consuming and not to mention focusing on her main mission as well. It would make anyone exhausted and Noor was no robot. Not only did it consume her physical skills but also her skills with electronics and hacking to dig up the past of the Alam family.

The next day in the Agency..

Aliza walked into the agency early in the morning with the worst mood going on and she could slice anyone in half like a pie if they dared mess with her. "Good morning, miss. I hope you slept well." Huda greeted her professionally. She slammed the files on the reception table. "Likewise, get me a copy of these. Give me all the information about him." She showed a passport sized photo of a sketchy man. "Okay..." Huda said looking at the photo and taking the file full of documents before putting them on the printer. "You can get me the copies of these documents later but I want every possible information about him till I get back with my coffee, so chop-chop. Also, hand me the copies in my office." "Alright, on it!" "Hm." She turned around and started walking out of the agency before she saw a group of younger recruits chatting by the door, blocking her way. She narrowed her eyes at them before sternly commanding, "Move aside!" They all stepped away from the door, horrified by her. "Do these immatures really think this is the place chitter-chatter!? I'll break their necks if they don't learn to shut up." She murmured to herself on the way to the cafe. She stepped inside the Cafe in a hurry, accidentally knocking a kid's ice cream out of his hand. "Ugh, shit." The kid started crying. Her eyes twitched and she clenched her hand, trying not to lay a punch on his face. "Stop! Stop crying! I'll get you another one, it's not the end of the world! Whose kid is this!?" An old lady, the grandmother of the little child who was paying, came quickly towards the scene. "You dropped your ice cream?" She asked wiping his tears. The kid started hysterically crying and pointed his little finger at Aliza , complaining to her that she was the one who made him drop the ice cream. "Oh my god! I'm sorry!! I'll buy you two! What the hell!?" "No, it's okay! you don't have to.." The old lady  said politely and chuckled. She looked at her with utter disgust and disbelief. "I'm not broke!" She said before getting the little kid two ice creams with triple scoops of different flavours. The kid smiled with delight as his eyes shone like diamonds. "What's so exciting about a colourful ice cream!?" The old lady laughed. "Aren't you adorable. Thanks sweetie." "No I'm not and you don't need to thank me, it was a compensation." She laughed it off again. Arshad was at the whole scene, leaning against a wall. Sipping his coffee like he was watching a comedy movie.
          ___________________________