first day of school.

today was first day of school, well the good thing is that I'm going to the same school as my friends the bad thing is it's school what's not to be bad.

"Gracie willows if you are not up when I open this door I'm going to drag you to school in your pajamas!" Katharine (mom) shouts outside the door. I get up faster than anything drag on some clothes and run to my vanity.

"Okay mom I'm up! Stop screaming"
I look at myself in the mirror, gently slap myself to wake myself up. Let's get ready for hell I quietly say to myself. I put on some lightweight makeup and curl my hair. I get up to look for the clothes I picked out the day before found them! basic white blouse with a black skirt.

"Mom! Can you drive me today please don't force me to take the bus" I shout while walking down the stairs.
"Sure thing! Eat up fast we are leaving in 10 minutes" she says while handing me a plate with two sandwiches.
I eat up quick not risking having to take the bus with all the brats Ham was telling me about.

I look around for my bag, grab it, put on my converse and a jean jacket.

"Are you excited for school? You know it could be good with a fresh start after you know da-" I quickly stop her not feeling like talking about it
" mom I really don't want to talk about him, why do you always have to bring him up! Don't you get it's hard for me"
I almost shouting say to her.
" don't you dare speak to me like that I am you mother!" She says in an angry tone which makes me a little nervous.

"Sorry mom" I mumble while stepping out of the car.
I stare at the big old looking school with all the different group of kids standing outside I could guess which one is which the popular girls, the mean girls, the nerd boys and girls, the sport guys and you get it.
I walk in looking probably confused because I have no idea where my classes are. Suddenly a girl comes up to me and I can't tell if she's mean or nice but i guess I'll find out.

"Hii! You are stunning, I'm Daphne
Are you new here? you look a little confused" she says with a cute smile.

"Yeah I am! And thank you, you look absolutely gorgeous as well!"
"Omg let my help you find your classes follow me! She says handing out her hand as a sign for me to take it.
I gladly take it and walk after her.

I'm in my first period and im so nervous, but the positive thing is I made a friend Daphne!

I'm minding my business when this guy walks up to me and I immediately realize  exactly who it is. My ex.
Nate barnfield. The guy who cheated on me multiple times. "What do you want? And why are you here"
"don't talk to me like that. And who's the guy you been hanging out with the brunette?" He says mad
"Have you been following me?" I say annoyed trying to hide the fact that I'm scared. "No but I'll fuck you up for leaving me" he says millimeters from my face.
"Take you and your stinky breath somewhere else" Daphne says also annoyed. He walked away.

"Thank you" I say to Daphne pulling her into a friendly hug.

" I need to get to pe! Do you wanna hang out after school tho?" she asks
" would love to" I say with a big smile
She walked away happily.
that's when i realized I haven't seen Benny all day. I looked around the whole school and couldn't find him anywhere, I went up and asked Kenny where he was. " he's home sick, it's pretty bad" he says while taking some things out of his locker.

"Okay thanks!" I said while sprinting to tell the teacher I wasn't feeling well so I could go and check in on Benny. Luckily my teacher believed me and I started running towards Benny's house. I've been there a couple of times so me and his mom are pretty close.

I knocked twice as usual after a while ms.Rodriguez opened the door and was happy to see me. "Hi! Ms. I came to check in on Benny, could I come in?"
she let me in and said he was in his room. I walked towards his room and knocked before I opened.
"Hi Benny" I said in a soft voice and sat at the end of the bed. "How are you doing?" I asked as he looked pretty sick to me. "Not so good I have a fever" he said chuckling a lil to light up the mood.
I wasn't scared of catching the flu to be honest I would gladly get it to get out of school. I laid down besides him and but my hand on his chest. Even though we were just friends for now.. we still acted like we were more. Thinking the words we are just friends made me realize that that's what we are "just friends"
that's when the overthinking started maybe he doesn't see me that way?
Maybe he doesn't like me as much as I like him?.

"Hey what's wrong" he asked sounding worried.
"Nothing everything's fine" I smiled at him. was it tho?

Pretty long chapter!
please leave comments and don't forget to vote! 💋