𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒

𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗢𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵, 𝗪𝗵𝗼'𝘀 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲?

The world felt dimmer after Lei Wulong's death. It was as if a cloud had settled over the city, heavy and oppressive, suffocating any flicker of hope that dared to rise. The news had spread like wildfire, igniting grief in the hearts of those who had known him. Warriors, friends, and allies alike mourned a fallen protector, and in that darkness, shadows of doubt and suspicion began to unfurl.

In the heart of the investigation unit, Zachary Wan Li, Zakk in short,  sat at his desk, poring over file after file, his brow furrowed in concentration. The once-cherished memories of Lei now felt like echoes in a cavern, haunting him as he sifted through the details of the case. The death was too abrupt, and too brutal, and there had to be more to the story. His mind was laser-focused on one suspect: Reina Hachijo.

"She has to be involved," Zakk muttered under his breath, flipping through photographs that detailed the aftermath of Lei's last stand. "She has to be."

The office was dimly lit, with scattered papers and coffee cups strewn about, remnants of long hours spent in pursuit of the truth. Just then, Xiang Ying leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed, watching him with a mixture of concern and frustration.

"Zakk, you're going to wear a hole in that desk if you keep staring at it," she said, her voice breaking the tense silence.

He looked up, the intensity in his eyes unwavering. "I can't stop. I need to find Reina. If she's linked to Lei's death, I need to know why. I can't let this go."

"Is that really how you want to spend your days?" she questioned, stepping into the room. "Hunting a ghost while ignoring the very real darkness that's creeping around us?"

Zakk sighed, rubbing his temples. "I know it's dangerous, but we owe it to Lei to uncover the truth. He wouldn't have wanted us to sit around and mourn. He'd want us to act."

Xiang Ying's expression softened slightly. "I get it. But you also have to take care of yourself. There's something foul in the air, and it's not just Reina. It feels bigger, like a storm brewing just out of sight."