𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟓

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

The air was crisp and cool in the early morning as Mina made her way to the rooftop of the hideout. She needed space to clear her head, away from the hum of construction work below. The aftermath of Kazuya's attack on New York left much of the city in ruin, and though she was far from where the fighting had been most intense, reminders of the chaos still lingered in every cracked wall and broken streetlight.

On the roof, she found a familiar silhouette waiting, her blonde hair caught by the wind like a banner. Mina's breath caught for a moment. Nina Williams. The infamous assassin's presence carried an unspoken weight. They had not spoken in years, and their reunion now was far from what Mina had imagined.

"Mina," Nina greeted, her voice calm but edged with curiosity, "You've done a good job staying out of the spotlight. I almost thought you'd disappeared for good."

Mina felt a faint chill run down her spine. "I had my reasons," she replied, keeping her tone light as she approached. "Living in the shadows isn't exactly a bad thing when you're trying to live a normal life."

Nina's gaze was sharp, her blue eyes searching Mina's face for answers. "A normal life? Since when did you settle for anything ordinary? You were one of the best, Mina. It's a waste, hiding away like this. You could still—"

"I don't want that life anymore," Mina interrupted, her voice firm. "I'm happy where I am. I've got my sisters, Hwoarang... I finally feel like I belong somewhere. I don't want to be a killer again unless I have no choice—like back on the battlefield."

Nina scoffed, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lips. "And what if you do have no choice? The battlefield has a way of finding people, whether they like it or not."

"Then I'll do what I have to, but I'm not seeking it out. I've had enough of that life," Mina replied, her tone softening. Her hand unconsciously drifted to her midsection, where the smallest hint of a curve had begun to form. "There's more to fight for than survival now. There's... more than I ever thought I'd have."