Chapter 42

I dedicate this chapter to: Thank you @Alondra_Isabella for being one of my readers. :'>

****

PENELOPE'S POINT OF VIEW.

After the class ended, I noticed Peony was unusually distant. She didn't speak to me at all or approach me about what had happened to her, but who cares? Who cares?

Well, actually...

I am.

I care about her. I am kind of bothered by the whole class because she never laid her eyes on me or turned to see me, even though we were seatmates, for goodness' sake. She was silent in class until it ended. She didn't invite me for lunch. I ate alone in the classroom while she was with her boyfriend, or maybe she spent her lunch alone because she wanted to be by herself for a while. Tapos hindi pa kami magkasabay lumabas ng classroom. I was like, dude, just tell me what's happening! She looks so stressed, and her teary eyes never leave her. Iwas na iwas siya sa'kin na para bang takot siyang madamay ako at mag sumbong sa'kin. This and that kid are starting to irritate me.

I sigh.

I go straight to my room when I get home. There is no one in the living room or in the kitchen, and I don't wonder where the people are in this house because I don't give a damn. I take a bath to refresh my mind because I don't want to think about what's going on in my life. It irritates me. I want to focus on what I can handle, and I don't want to think about what I can't handle. I must stop being too hard on myself. This will never help me in my situation. 

After I take a bath, I step out of the bathroom, the steam still lingering in the air from the hot shower. The refreshing water has revived my spirits a bit, washing away some of the previous frustration. I pick out a simple outfit from my dresser: jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweater. I can't help but sigh. The clothes are comfortable, but they lack the elegance and practicality of how badass I am. I stare at the mirror and analyze how I dress, and I realize it sucks. 

Ewan ko ba, bakit hanggang ngayon napagtitiyagaan ko ang mga ganitong suotan. Ang baduy!

I click my tongue and sigh. Nakakailang buntong hininga na ba ako ngayong araw? I take a step out of my room, and as I step out, I stare at my big sister's room. I step toward the door and knock on it. I receive no response, so I knock again, but this time loudly and in a rude way. I just want to know if she's still alive.

"You better open this!" I shout, but again, silence surrounds me, so I knock again continuously and loudly, which I know will irritate her.

"Stop it!" 

There, I feel relief in my heart when I hear her voice.

"Open this goddamn door!"

"Go away!"

Muli akong kumatok sa pinto bilang sagot sa kanya.

"Ano ba!" she shouts, but I continue knocking on the door, not caring about the pain in my knuckles.

"Ano ba!"

I gasp for air in shock when Phoebe finally opens the door and finally sees her face after so much time of staying in her room. I pinch my nose to cover it and not to smell the bad smell of her and her room.

"You stink!" I shout.

"Stop bothering me!" she shouts, and she's about to close the door when I stop her from gripping and pushing the knob hard, but she resists and fights to stop me from opening the door, but I have more strength than her, so I win.