One Night

***2 weeks later***

Dani's POV

It's been two weeks since Louis and I kissed in the elevator. Its also been two weeks since I've seen Louis. I texted him a few times but it's hard to try and be friendly when I just want to cry over him. I'm still confused over what Louis was protecting me from.

"What are you thinking about babe?" Wes asks rubbing my leg.

"Just what I'm wearing tonight." I lie. I haven't told Wes about Louis and I in the elevator. As far as he knows I was in the elevator by myself. "Thinking about it I should probably go and get changed." I say standing up.

"I'll see you at 7 then." He smiles.

"Yep." I reply and give him a kiss on the lips. I walk out his house and make my way to my car. I pull out the drive way and make my way to my apartment.

20 minutes later I'm walking through the front door. I walk into the kitchen and place my bag and keys on the table. I see a familiar note on the table and dont bother reading it. Its the same note anyway. Saying Caitlin and Harry have gone out. I've hardly seen Caitlin these two weeks. It's fine if she wants to hang out with Harry.

"You're back." Niall smiles walking into the room.

"Yep." I reply and he gives me a bear hug.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"You leave today and I'll be alone." I reply frowning.

"You have Caitlin, Harry and Wes."

"Wes is always working and Caitlin and Harry are always off together." I reply pulling out of the hug.

"You have Louis and Lottie." He says and I chuckle.

"I have to get ready." I tell him walking to my room.

***

I look in the mirror and stare back at my reflection. I don't even look like myself. My basically black hair is curled and falling to half way down my back. My long red dress fitting me perfectly and not making me look as skinny as I am. The dress is strapless and has a split coming half way up my thigh. I put my hand over the necklace Louis gave me before we broke up and feel my heart drop. I take it off and replace it with one that matches the colour of my dress. I leave my ring on. The necklace isn't as nice. I place Louis necklace in my clutch and walk over to where my make up is. I cover my face evenly in foundation and powder. I make my eye make up dark and my lips a red colour. I look at the clock and see its 6:45. I walk out my room in my 4 inch red heels and make my way into the TV room where Niall is sitting watching AFL. I sit next to him and stick my legs on his lap.

"You look nice... Where is Wes taking you?" He asks.

"Some work party thing." I reply shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh have fun." He smiles.

We sit watching the footy with Fremantle flogging Carlton's arses until there is a knock on the door. I look at the time and see its 7:00. I stand up and grab my thing before opening the door and see Wes is a nice suit.

"Wow, you look beautiful." He smiles kissing my lips.

"Thanks, you look really nice too." I smile and he takes my hand.

"Have fun." Niall yells as I close the door. We walk to his car and get in. We get to the function ten minutes later and make our way inside. As we get inside I feel my mouth drop open at how fancy everything is. Everyone is wearing nice suits and dresses like Wes and I but I still feel out of place.