Chapter Thirty: Party Guessed

Emerson's Pov

It was the next day and I'm currently over at the abandoned railway depot with Derek, Isaac, Boyd and Erica.

Derek was going to be discussing some things with the three teenagers.

I was here to help but at the same time I can't get my mind off of what happened this morning.

I got a call from Mr. Blackwell

He told me that he's talked to Eric's lawyer and they've scheduled an appointment to meet with the judge that read of the will my parents left for Ares and I.

The judge wants to hear both of our sides and then he'll decide whether or not Eric will get our house and our money.

The appointment is tomorrow.

And I really hope luck is on my side when that happens.

I watched as Derek crouched down and opened a chest full of chains.

Isaac looked at the symbol that was on the inside of the lid.

"What is that?" Isaac asked, confused and curious.

"It's a triskele" Boyd said.

Our heads snapped in his direction with Derek raising an eyebrow at him.

"Spirals mean different things. Past, present, future. Mother, father, child" Boyd added.

"Very good" I praised him.

Boyd smiled at me causing me to smile back at him.

"You know what it means to me?" Derek asked.

"Alpha, beta, omega" Boyd shrugged.

"That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas" Derek explained. 

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked.

"Scott's with us" Derek told him.

"Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac asked, glancing around.

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will" I told him.

Derek nodded in agreement.

"There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find" Derek explained.

Erica laughed as she leaned against a wall.

"Good thing I had my period last week, then" Erica smiled.

I laughed while Derek looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, this one's for you" Derek said, holding up a metal headband with screws in it.

Erica's eyes widened at the headband while I sighed and took the headband from Derek.

"Don't scare the girl, Der" I scolded.

"Sorry, Em" Derek chuckled.

I shook my head and set the headband down before walking away, crossing my arms over my chest.

I heard Derek tell the teens to train a bit before walking over to me.

I felt his hands on my shoulders and he began rubbing them softly.

"Em, baby, what's wrong?" Derek softly asked.

I sighed, not wanting to tell him but I knew I should.

After all, when finding out about Eric he was the first person I told.