20

The fire was everywhere. The girl couldn't move, couldn't stop it from spreading. The room was spinning, smoke filling every corner and every gap.
She hated the fire, but she loved it so much. She was scared of it, but she couldn't help but be happy when she felt the sensation of it burning her skin. She loved when she had the fire spread in her veins but she hated how it made her ashamed of herself and her curse. Even though she can control it, it feels like the fire has a mind of it's own and it does as it wants.

With her breath hitched, she woke with a jump, sitting up in her bed. She looked down on her itching arms which were red, like from a fire. She scratched it and got up from her bed. Imogen looked at the clock on Lily's bedside table and saw that it was few hours before she was even supposed to wake up.

She quickly wiped the sweat on her forehead with her sleeve and put on some sweatpants instead of the shorts she previously had and left her room quietly.

She didn't know where exactly she was going. She just knew that she needed to go somewhere. Somewhere else.

She left the common room and looked around. When she didn't see any prefects around, she sped up.

Her feet brought her to the astronomy tower. She opened the door and walked in, not even looking twice.

When she turned around, she saw a boy, sitting behind the railing with his legs swinging off the tower. She immediately recognized the boy. She sat down next to him, watching him take a drag of the cigarette he was holding.

"Can't sleep?" She asked the boy with the scars.

"No. You?"

"Nightmare." She responded to him, leaning her forehead on the railing.

"Wanna talk about it?" Remus asked, offering her the cigarette. She shook her hand at it and kept her head on the railing.

"I guess I can talk to you about it." She said.

"Before every full moon, I get these dreams. But mostly, this one dream comes up the most. I'm in a room full of fire. I can't move, I can't blink, can't scream, speak, I can only watch it all happen. The fire wants to squeeze the living daylight out of me but it can't. It burns me but it doesn't hurt in that way you'd think so. It tingles but it doesn't burn." She ran her hands on her face, trying to cool herself down.

"I get it. I get them sometimes too. But it's not like yours. I can move. I can make decisions and I can do whatever I want. But it always ends badly. Mostly it's it's about me in my werewolf form, hurting everyone. And no matter what I do differently, I fuck it up every.damn.time." He say, hitting his hand on the railing.

She nodded and stayed silent.

"How is it for you on a full moon. Like what do you feel or do." The boy asked, moving from the railing to the wall next to it. He sad against it with his legs crossed.

She turned her body to him, leaning her side on the railing.

"I would compare it to period but you don't get those so that won't help. I guess it's like something you know is coming. You don't want it but you can't help it. I have the nightmares, the burn marks, the power is going out of control-"

"And you're pissed."

"-and I'm pissed. When I was younger, it was so much worse. I didn't have as much control over it as I have now. I used to burn shit down. I burned my brothers a couple of times. But it's easier now. It's like controlled chaos." She breathed out, smirking at the remark he made.

He didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say but Imogen didn't mind. She loved the silence. It was comforting in some way.

"And do your parents know about this?"

"They do. And they weren't happy. Matter of fact they threw me out so now I have no idea where I'm gonna spend the holidays." She hated her parents. Adoptive and biological.

"Don't say that out loud or James will move you in with him." He joked.