Chapter One - Alone in Florida

Chapter One -Alone in Florida

"Welcome to Orlando Florida everybody, please enjoy your stay!" The pilot announces over the intercom as the plane comes to life and people all around me move to get their things together. I move slower than the rest of the people as I'm not in very much rush to get to the hotel where I'm staying for eight days.

The truth is I'm only here because a website called You Now offered to send me and all my 'fans' wanted me to come. I'm not too big on YouTube, I have about two hundred thousand subscribers and I'm very thankful for each and every one and all the support they give. I really don't mind coming here I love Florida and I haven't been in about ten years but I really don't know anyone in the YouTube community at all.

Sure I've watched basically every single YouTuber ever but I'm certain they don't know who I am, I'm just another musician trying to make it who also makes daily vlogs and silly sketch videos with my friends.

So here I am in sunny Orlando Florida for Playlist Live 2013, completely alone.

I go through all of the usual airport type things in silence, only speaking when it's necessary. When I finally get onto the monorail with my suitcase and my guitar I pull my iPod out of my black monster rucksack and plug in my earphones turning on 'Beggars' by Mallory Knox and shutting out the outside world.

I quickly walk through the remainder of the airport/hotel with my head down and music blaring in my ears. I get outside and am glad for my outfit choice; I have on a sleeveless Nirvana t-shirt, a pair of tie dye denim blue jeans along with my favourite pair of batman converse on my feet. I knew it would be warm but not too warm hence, the jeans and the black hoodie I have tied around my waist.

There's a man standing just to the right of my holding a sign with my name on it, I walk towards him and take the earphones out of my ears so I can talk to him.

"Isabella Lillian Aurora Monti?" He asks my name flowing off his tongue with no faults letting me know he's been practicing how to say it; it is a mouthful after all. I nod with a small smile, he smiles as well then he takes my stuff from me and leads me to the car that is waiting. It's just a simple taxi so I carefully climb in the back of the car and take my water out of my bag for a drink while I wait on the driver.

He quietly gets in the driver seat and starts to drive away from the airport. I sit silently in the back seat watching the trees and cars pass by.

"So are you here for the YouTube convention?" He says after five minutes of driving in silence.

I nod. "Yeah a website called You Now was kind enough to pay for me to come out here."

"And you came by yourself?"

"Uh huh none of my friends could afford it, my family wasn't really willing to come and I don't really have any friends in the YouTube community. But I'm here to see my subscribers, and that's all that matters." He nods and we fall into another comfortable silence.

It only takes another twenty minutes and before I know it we're pulling up in front of a big red hotel. There are a few groups of people outside but not many, Playlist doesn't start until Friday and it's currently Wednesday so that doesn't really surprise me.

I get out of the car and take my things from the driver after thanking him then I walk through the front doors of the hotel to check in.

I get my room key and begin to walk towards the lifts when three people run in front of me causing me to stop in my tracks and almost fall over.

"Zoe! Louise! Marcus!" Someone shouts pulling them into a hug. I look closer and my suspicions are confirmed Zoella, SprinkleOfGlitter and MarcusButlerTV have just run past me and into the arms of FoodForLouis and Dicasp. The fan girl inside me starts freaking out but the rational tired teenager takes over and I continue walking to the lift.