chapter¹

this is berk

this is berk

a/n: HERE WE GO!!!!

hiccup is such a cutie <3 

i wanna give him a hug

guys, i heard somewhere that gobber is gay?? 

is that true??

🐉✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼🐉

authors pov

05:51 AM. BERK, THE ISLE OF BERK

"this is berk," a male voice narrates, mist covering a clear dark lake which leads up to a tall mountain. "it's twelve days north of hopeless and a few degrees south of freezing to death," tall pillars with viking helmets stand tall with flames flickering inside them. "it's located solidly  on the meridian of misery," village is revealed, white clouds on the grass who are sheep, graze the grass lazily. like they have nothing else to do. "my village. in a word, sturdy. it's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new," the wooden buildings stand up, fires lit in some and not in others. the night sky is clear above, stars glinting in the moonlight. "we have fishing, hunting and a charming view of the sunsets. the only problem are the pests,"

a sheep chews the grass, pausing to swallow but then it suddenly is whisked away. another sheep looks up, not noticing his friend being whisked away. he waddles over to where his friend was, chewing the grass there. it's tastier. nice.  

"you see, most places have mice or mosquitoes," hiccup opens the door to people yelling out. making him pause and gasp in fear as a dragon spots him. "we have..." he slams the door shut just as the dragon breathes fire at him. 

"dragons," he finishes, catching his breath with wide green eyes. 

"most people would leave. not us," dragons fly around berk, spewing fire and stealing sheep. a man continues to punch a dragon as it tries to fly off. another viking jumps at a dragon, trying to pull the sheep that it's stolen back down to berk. "we're vikings. we have stubbornness issues,

hiccup runs out the now burning house, looking back with a scared grin and running forward again. 

"my name is hiccup," he runs around in the chaos, a man landing face down right in front of him. "great name, i know. but it's not the worst," he dodges everything, feeling kind of lucky. "parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls," vikings walk past carrying a log, that hiccup swiftly ducks underneath it. but a viking who wasn't paying attention, gets his head hit in face by the thing he's holding.