Chapter 62

"It's the perfect size."

I felt a little strange even as I spoke. The ring was the perfect size for my finger, as if he had it custom-made.

"That's right, it's a ring meant for just one person."

Edwin rolled his eyes and smiled as if it was obvious. I avoided my gaze as soon as I made eye contact with him. A warm feeling rose up to my cheeks. How much time will have to pass before I can face those friendly gazes without any problem?

I chuckled as I remembered his red eyes, which made my heart tingle and beat loudly just by looking at them. With Edwin in front of me, I think about Edwin again. If I see him often anyway, I will eventually get used to it.

I shook my head and held out my hand towards Edwin.

"Edwin doesn't have a ring? I'll put it in for you."

I thought he would smile brightly and quickly hand out the ring as if he had been waiting. Unexpectedly, Edwin faced me with eyes full of regret.

"Can you wait just three more days and say it again?"

"Yes?"

"Well, the gift ring is still being crafted. I will ask them to bring it to me within three days at most, so can you wait just three more days?"

Bethany, behind them, looked at Edwin with a face full of things to say, but Edwin paid no attention and had an earnest look on his face.

I said as I gently lifted the ring on my finger.

"What about this?"

Edwin smiled at my question, which seemed natural to the marriage proposal culture in a system where a marriage proposal ring was also a wedding gift ring.

"As I said, this is a wedding proposal ring. It's my favorite ring, so whenever I meet someone I really like, I want to propose to them right away with this ring."

Someone I truly like. I thought for a moment about the first time I saw that ring in Madame Deaton's boutique.

"How did you know that ring was yours?"

Also,

"It's really late, but the lady said she wants it, so I'll think about it again."

When Edwin once again took out a ring in the carriage that took me to the Duke of Madeleine's residence.

"Finally, this ring is back in its rightful place."

And now. The ring that spun around was finally put on my finger. Without me noticing, I ran my other hand over the ring. Edwin's eyes were slowly widening at the careful gesture as if it were important.

I suddenly raised my head.

"I really like this ring, but..."

Edwin's heart sank as Olivia began to speak hesitantly. Is there perhaps something wrong with the ring?

Or maybe she just didn't like the ring.

However, Edwin burst into laughter without realizing it at my answer.

"Well, what should I do if I want to wear a gift ring?"

I glanced at Edwin's left hand. Unlike my own hands, his hands were devoid of any jewelry, which was proof to anyone that he was unmarried. It was fun just to imagine wearing a ring like mine on Edwin's hand. So it wasn't a problem to wait three days, three weeks, or even three months. The wait to wear the same ring will actually fill me with excitement. But even though I could wear the same ring, I couldn't take off this red gem ring.