Chapter 67

Even with my eyes closed, I could clearly feel the soft brush stroking my cheek. When I reflexively tried to open my eyes due to the tickling feeling, a stern voice came right away.

"No, Miss. Please wait a little longer."

I could hear the maids laughing softly at Bethany's words. I laughed a little at the soft laughter. I said as if I was begging.

"It's my appearance anyway, so I can't see it?"

"Sure. It seems like every time you see it, you no longer realize that you are beautiful! Okay, I'll show you how beautiful you are."

I laughed again at the confident voice. Even if it's beautiful, it's just my appearance. Bethany spoke as if she was about to undergo a huge transformation. But, if I hadn't been Bethany, I wouldn't have been touching my hair and wearing light makeup on this night without a banquet.

"No! There are so many different types of jewelry that can be worn, so why not try just 10 rings?"

Just the thought of wearing rings on ten fingers was overwhelming, but my already big eyes opened even wider when I heard Bethany say it as if it was not possible.

"Is it? Then...."

Aside from the fact that Edwin's reaction was funny, I said I hadn't even thought about it. Before I could say anything, I pretended to be Bethany and lifted my index finger.

"Of course, you should try wearing a tiara, basic earrings, and a necklace!"

Because of how strong that figure was, I suddenly remembered the rumor about the Wizard of the North. She was rumored to be so determined and strong-hearted, but when I saw Bethany, I thought the rumors were all exaggerated. Because Bethany was always kind and gentle. But when Bethany, who always had a smile on her face, erased her smile, I unconsciously followed Bethany's wishes.

"Now, Young Lady, please come here and Your Highness, please leave for a moment! Guys, let's simply display cosmetics!"

No one could beat Bethany, who clapped her hands and spoke. Edwin and Dean, who had blank faces, were immediately pushed out of the room, and the maids displayed cosmetics on the dressing table.

In that situation, it was a natural step for me to sit in front of the dressing table. As I recalled the situation from earlier, I suddenly realized that the room was filled with silence, and I was taken aback. Just moments ago, I couldn't hear anything from the sound of the hem of my dress being dragged to the sound of voices happily asking for cosmetics. It was so quiet as if all sound had disappeared.

I cautiously called Bethany, I said.

Bethany?

"...... Oh my God. Miss, please open your eyes now."

It was a feeling of admiration that was somehow suppressed. I slowly opened my eyes. I seemed to have closed my eyes briefly, but the bright light was quite dazzling to my eyes. After blinking several times, I was able to see myself in the mirror.

"How are you, Lady? It's so beautiful to look at, isn't it?"

I couldn't easily respond to Bethany's excited words or to the maids' comments that followed me. It was my first time wearing so much jewelry at once since my engagement to Leopold. The gorgeous tiara that Bethany wore on top of my tightly braided hair sparkled elegantly. The platinum string earrings fluttering from my earlobes and the new diamond necklace around my neck went well with the original magic stone necklace as if they were a set. Me in the mirror...

".... I don't think it's me."

"It can't be! You're right, lady."

Bethany, who was smiling contentedly. spoke strongly. I looked at Bethany in the mirror. My eyes were wide open and my fluttering eyelashes cast a shadow over my white, beautiful face. The smile showed that I didn't believe Bethany. Just as I did implicitly every time Bethany touched my hair or adjusted my clothes.