Chapter 4

I run home as fast as I can I swing the door open and I see someone sitting at the table. My brother who went to rehab three times for drug overdose and who would abuse me when I was younger my breathing started to escalate. "

Avery you should be happy that your brother is home" my mother said while glaring at me "go upstairs" she shouted. I ran up the stairs skipping one so I could make it to my room faster.

Once I got into my room I flopped on my bed. I still could barely breath and tears were running down my face.

I picked my phone up and called Jack. "Jack" I said sobbing. "I'll be right there" he said and then hung up. In a matter of a few minutes my balcony door swung open.

"My..... My brother." Was the only thing that managed to escape my mouth. He quickly ran over to bed and hugged me.

Jack makes me feel safe and in this moment I forgot about everything. He didn't release me for a couple of minutes.

My sobs had slowed down and breathing was slightly normal again. "Do you want to talk about it" "I'm not sure" I whispered. "Don't worry about it tell me when your ready" he smiled.

We talked for a while longer until he sadly had to go. "See you tomorrow at school Avery" he said before kissing my cheek.

He smirked before closing the balcony door. I walked over to my bathroom and smiled big. I then washed my face and teeth.

After that I went over to my bed and flopped onto it. I checked my phone one last time revealing a text message from Jack. "Goodnight Beautiful" that text message sent chills down my spine.

I think I had fallen for Jack. Hard. I woke up pretty early because I wanted to look extra nice. I lightly curled my hair.

Once I was down I hair sprayed it. I then started doing the same makeup I do everyday. I was pretty proud of how is turned out. I walked into my closet and picked out a dress with a flannel and short black boots.

I grabbed my bag and went down the stairs to see my parents sitting at the table. "We need to talk Avery" they said "I'm going to be late for school" I said avoiding the conversation.

As I closed the door Jacks car pulled up. I walk over to the car and opened the door. "Goodmorning babe" he said. "Good morning" I replied back with a smile on my face.

Once we got to school he walked over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. He grabbed my hand and we walked into school. "This is going to be a good day" I thought to myself.