CHAPTER TWO

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃
THE LAST KINGDOM
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ─── ❛ alliances

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃ THE LAST KINGDOM𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ─── ❛ alliances

SKIN AND BONES ₊˚.༄𖥸 ──
𑁍₊𓄹 -- ❪ the last kingdom ❫. 𓄹
╭ ‧₊˚⊹ 你好,欢迎光临
╰ ✦ a royal wedding╭ ᘒ ✦

Valeria was always an early bird.

She happened to love mornings. Even if she happened to make up with a headache and in a random bed.

Valeria ran her hands over her face, her eyes still closed as the sun practically shined through the window.

A sigh left her lips as she looked around the small room, remembering the events of last night. And surprisingly, Valeria did not regret it.

Valeria sat up, keeping the furs around her bare body as she ran a hand through her messy hair.

With pursed lips, Valeria looked over her shoulder at the sleeping Irishman. A small smile made its way onto her face as she looked at his relaxed expression.

She still held the furs around her as she turned to the side, leaning down to press a kiss to the scar across his forehead.

Valeria was use to drunken hook ups, when nobody knew whom she was and she'd never see them ever again. That is what she had always wanted.

But, when she stared down at the sleeping Irishman, her brows pinched together. Why was this any different?

Valeria shook the thoughts from her head as she let out a sigh, quietly dropping the furs from around her body as she reached down for her clothes.

Once she had quickly, but quietly, put all her clothes back on, she reached for her cloak, putting it on and pulling the hood over her head.

Glancing over to Finan once more, she made her way towards the door and quietly opened it.

She knew her brother's wedding was today, and she had to get ready for the occasion. Valeria was glad she woke up early.

Valeria kept her hood over her head as she walked out of the inn and through the streets of Winchester.

Barely anyone was walking the streets, all probably fast asleep. She clung onto the cloak around her as she made her way towards the palace.

Valeria was relieved when she saw Aldhelm outside, probably searching for her, she assumed.

Pulling her hood down, Valeria made her way towards her friend with pursed lips, her hands clasped at her front. "Lovely morning, is it not?" Valeria jested, making Aldhelm turn with a raised brow. "Lovely for a morning stroll..." She added, watching as Aldhelm looked at her with a knowing look. "You caught me." She let out a defeated sigh, holding her hands up in mock surrender.