CHAPTER THREE

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃
THE LAST KINGDOM
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ─── ❛ alliances

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃ THE LAST KINGDOM𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ─── ❛ alliances

SKIN AND BONES ₊˚.༄𖥸 ──
𑁍₊𓄹 -- ❪ the last kingdom ❫. 𓄹
╭ ‧₊˚⊹ 你好,欢迎光临
╰ ✦ a feast╭ ᘒ ✦

Chatter filled the hall they all sat in, eating and drinking away. Valeria sat between Lady Ælswith and Aldhelm as she listened into the conversations at the table.

Valeria only looked away from the table when she saw Steapa and Uhtred walk into the hall and towards the table. "Lord." Uhtred nodded towards Alfred.

"You were seen." Alfred simply said, looking up Uhtred with a look Valeria did not understand.

"Seen where, Lord?" Uhtred raised his brow, hands clasped in front of him as he stared down at the table.

"Leaving Winchester, leaving Wessex, entering Saxon Mercia and crossing Walting Street." Alfred told him, making Valeria sit up in interest, reaching for her cup of wine.

"Young into Daneland, Uhtred." Lord Odda added from beside Alfred. "I'm sure you have an explanation." He added with a raised brow.

"I trust we will hear the truth of it." Lady Ælswith imputed with a glare. It was obvious to Valeria that the woman did not like Uhtred.

"What business do you have in Daneland?" Alfred continued to speak towards the Dane, hands clasped together on the table.

Uhtred sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest. "The Kings business. Lord, your business." He turned to Alfred. "You're happy for me to speak in this company." He nodded towards Æthelred.

Valeria bit her tongue as she leaned back in her seat, side-eyeing Aldhelm with pursed lips. Alfred simply shrugged his shoulders, nodding his head. "Freely. Why not?"

Uhtred moved forwards at that, standing directly in front of the king. "Lundene had been taken." Valeria sat up at that, her brows pinching together as she looked at Uhtred. "By the Northmen, Sigefrid and Erik."

"Never." Æthelred spoke, shaking his head with a weary look. "Says whom?"

Uhtred dryly chuckled as he turned to Æthelred. "Did my lips not move?" He sarcastically asked.

"Sigefrid and Erik are in Frankia." Alfred noted, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

Uhtred slowly nodded his head at that. "They were and now they are not, Lord." Uhtred simply said. "They have a fleet at Beamfleot, they have an army at Beamfleot, some of which had sailed upriver and taken Lundene."