Chapter-9

Shivansh's POV

The sunlight falling n my face woke me up. I sat up and noticed Sakshi—my beautiful wife—drying her hair with a towel. Wait a second... she's wearing a traditional Rajasthani outfit,"Kuch bhi pehne, chahe simple ho ya heavy, aap hamesha khoobsurat lagti ho. Apki khubsurti sirf kapdon se nahi, apki muskaan aur apke andaaz se hai. Har roop mein apki ek alag hi chamak hoti hai, jo sab kuch behad khoobsurat bana deti hai."

But it looks heavy

But it looks heavy. I wondered if it was uncomfortable for her. Who even told her to wear this? I was lost in these thoughts when Rudrakshi’s voice broke through.

"Aap uth gaye?"

"Yeah, Morning," I replied, my tone soft with affection.

"Aap kahin jaa rahi hai?" I asked, curious.

"Ji, morning, aur main kahin nahin jaa rahi kyun?" she responded, confused.

"No, it's just... you've worn this heavy outfit, so I thought maybe you were going somewhere," I explained.

She seemed to understand everything, and her expression showed it.

"By the way, if you feel even a little uncomfortable, please change right away," I added.

"It's ok, Mr. Shekhavat, I can manage," she said confidently.

She was almost fully ready, only the sindoor remained. Just as she was about to apply it, I gently took the box from her and filled her parting with my own hands. She looked at me, shocked, and I said with a smile,

"Mrs. Shekhavat, don’t look at me like that. From today, it's my duty to apply the sindoor."

"And one more thing—meri biwi normal nahin hai, aap RANI hai mere rajya ki aur aap manage nahin karengi kuch, apko jo bhi uncomfortable feel ho woh aap nahin karengi, samjhi?" I added, with a playful yet firm tone.

I kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes. I took a moment to admire her serene face before heading into the washroom.

Rudrakshi's POV

Ufffff!!! What’s gotten into him today? And he kissed me... of course, it was a forehead kiss, but still, it was my first kiss ever! Oh my God. And why does my heart race like this every time he's around?
“Ok, let me calm myself down, I have a lot of work to do downstairs,” I said to myself and headed down.

When I reached the living room, I saw Maa Sa and Baba Sa sitting and talking. I touched their feet and wished them good morning. Baba Sa said, "beta aaj pehli aur akhri baar hum apko yeh samajha rahe hai ki aap mere ya kisi ke bhi per nahin chhuengi kyun aap hamare ghar ki laxmi hai aur laxmi per nahin chhuti unhe toh sar pe bithaya jata hai toh no per chhuna ok"

Then Maa Sa said, "Achha, achha, enough of this father-daughter bonding, now listen to me. Beta, today is your pehli rasoi (first kitchen duty), so you should make something sweet first and offer it to Thakur Ji as bhog (offering). And for now, light the lamp and do the arti."
"Ji Maa Sa," I replied.