Chapter-5

Author P.O.V

When Rudrakshi was done making breakfast, her aunt said,
"Aaj dinner mat banana, hum bahar jaa rahe hain, kal tak aayenge."
"Ji," she replied.

After that, she ate her breakfast, headed to her office, and went towards her boss's cabin. She knocked on the door.
"Sir, may I come in?" she asked.
"Yes, come in," he said.

She entered, and he continued,
"And listen, hum logon ko aaj dekhne ke liye jana hai, aur aap bhi mere saath ja rahi hain. Hum thodi der mein nikalenge, lautne mein thoda waqt lagega, shayad shaam bhi ho jaaye."
"Ok sir," she replied, and was about to leave, but he asked again,
"Ms. Maheshwari, aapki chot kaisi hai?"
"I'm fine sir, pain nahi hai abhi," she said.

He hummed in response. Then she left.

After some time, he called her and asked her to come. She went, and both of them headed towards the site. They reached in no time; it was a village, and they started their work.

Their work was done by evening, but it seemed like a storm was approaching. They stood near a tea stall under a polythene roof, but they still got drenched due to the heavy rain. It didn't seem like the rain would stop anytime soon, when the tea stall uncle said to them,

"Beta, aaj raat tum dono yahin ruk jao. Isse dekh ke lagta hai toofan kal hi rukega."
Then his wife added,
"Waise bhi tum log pati-patni lag rahe ho, koi pareshani nahi hogi, ruk jao, kal chale jaana."

When they heard the aunty’s comment about them looking like husband and wife, they were both shocked. Shivansh calmed himself and said in a low tone,

"Ms. Maheshwari, aapko koi problem to nahi hai agar hum yahin ruke? Kyunki yeh toofan rukne se raha aur hum poore bheeg gaye hain."
She quickly responded in a firm tone,

"Nahin, nahin! Hum ek saath kaise reh sakte hain? Unhen lagta hai hum pati-patni hain, lekin humein pata hai aisa kuchh bhi nahi hai!"
"Kyon, aapko hum par bharosa nahi hai?" he said playfully.

"Yeh baat nahi hai, sir, thoda awkward nahi ho jaega? Hum dono ek saath kaise rahenge?" she replied.

"Dekhiye, aaj toh yahin rukna padega. Sneeze! Sneeze! Sneeze!" he said while sneezing.
"Okay, okay sir, hum ruk jaate hain," she said, looking at him.

They stayed in a room. After that, the tea stall uncle's wife came and said,
"Beta, koi kapde laaye ho kya? Kyunki humare yahan kisi ladki ke kapde nahi hain."
"Ji ji aunty, mere paas kapde hain," Shivansh replied.

He had brought an extra set of clothes with him for emergencies. The aunty gave Rudrakshi an olive green saree to wear. As she was about to leave, suddenly something came to her mind and she asked,
"Tum dono sach mein pati-patni ho na?"
"Haan, haan aunty, 6 mahine ho gaye hain shaadi ko," Shivansh replied hurriedly, while Rudrakshi glared at him with wide eyes.

"Thik hai beta, tum log kapde badal lo, main khana lati hoon," the old lady said as she left.

"Sir, yeh kya tha?" Rudrakshi asked immediately.

"Toh kya kehta? Agar nahin kehta toh hum kahan jaate? Think about it," he said, tapping her lightly on the head with his finger.
"Ab jao, change kar lo andar," he added.

She left to change, while Shivansh slipped into a grey pair of sweatpants and a black T-shirt. He waited for Rudrakshi to return, but there was no signal on his phone, leaving him with nothing to distract himself.

When she reappeared, dressed in a simple olive green saree, his gaze locked onto her, and for a moment, he was lost.
"Yeh kya, har kapde mein itni kaise khoobsurat lag sakti hai yaar," he thought, his palm resting against his heart.

The saree, though plain, fit her perfectly. The half-sleeve blouse added a soft elegance to her appearance. She stepped in front of him, waving a hand to bring him back to reality. He blinked, snapping out of his trance.

Just then, the aunty returned with one plate of food and said with a playful smile,"Beta, yeh lo apna khana

"Beta, yeh lo apna khana. Ek thali mein laayi hoon taaki tum dono jo itne door-door rehte ho, thoda paas aao," she teased, before leaving the room.

Rudrakshi and Shivansh exchanged looks of amusement and disbelief.

Frustrated, Rudrakshi muttered, "Yeh ab isi ki kami thi. Yeh bhi poora ho gaya... thali share karo!" She glared at Shivansh as she sat down.

"Waise, I don't have any problem with that," Shivansh said casually, taking the seat opposite her. "You eat from your side, and I'll eat from mine."

"Huhh 😏😏" Rudrakshi huffed, rolling her eyes, while Shivansh smirked, clearly enjoying the situation.

"Kadwa hai toh kya? Aap apna piyein, main apna. Baat khatam," she said.

"Main boss hoon, tumhara, and it’s an order. Tum piyo, main sone chala," he hurriedly said and jumped on the bed.

"Sir, abhi aap yeh piyeinge ya main aunty ko bata doon ke we're not husband and wife?" she said casually, with a playful threat.

Taken aback, Shivansh stared at her. "Tum blackmail kar rahi ho apne boss ko?"

"Main jati hun aunty ke pass aap nakhre dikhte rahiye" she said with a smirk and jumped towards the door.

"Okay, fine! Peeta hoon," he said suddenly and went towards the table.

They drank the kadha and went to their bed.

They looked at each other, and he said...

"Hum ek bed pe so sakte hain, if you don't have any problem though," he said, smirking mischievously.

"O... Ok, but aap apni taraf rahiye, meri taraf mat aana," she replied in a trembling voice.

"Ok," he said with a playful grin.

They settled on their respective sides of the bed and fell asleep peacefully... but, but, but!

Little did she know, a storm was about to enter her life—one she could never have imagined.
__________________________
𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 🥰😘
𝙃𝙤𝙬'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨
𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚
𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜