six

✧ ˚  ·    .
chapter six

AS I SETTLED ONTO THE COUCH, Tristan handed me a steaming cup of coffee after he wiped away my tears.

"Take a deep breath," Tristan said softly, sitting beside me. He gently placed a hand on my back, rubbing small circles that felt magical.

After a few moments of silence, he glanced at me, curiosity shining in his eyes. "What's your family like? You never really talk about them."

I hesitated, "It's complicated," i finally admitted, regretting it after exactly two seconds. "But I have a twin brother, Micheal. I noticed i never mentioned him."

Tristan looked surprised. "A twin? You two have this twins connection?" I wasn't surprised at all i didn't told him about Micheal. He was a huge part of my life, but i just don't share. It's not coming out naturally.

I shrugged, feeling a mix of embarrassment and vulnerability. "I don't know. I'm not really open about my family." Even the good parts.

He let me get in the shower as the evening settled in, and suddenly i realized where i was. I found myself in Tristan's apartment, standing by the edge of his large bed, a mix of excitement and anxiety coursed through me. The bed was inviting, with plush pillows and a thick comforter that looked good, but my mind raced with thoughts i couldn't quite shake off.

I glanced at Tristan, who was busy adjusting the sheets. A part of me was thrilled to be this close to him for the first time, yet another part felt a twinge of insecurity. How many girls had spent their nights here? The thought crept into my mind, and i quickly pushed it away. This was our first night together, and i didn't want to let the insecurities ruin it.

Taking a breath, i sat on the edge of the bed, my hands fidgeting with the hem of my shirt. I had never shared a bed with another man before, and the prospect of it was both thrilling and intimidating. What if i didn't know how to act? What if i crossed a line? I felt like a bundle of nerves.

Tristan turned to face me, a reassuring smile on his lips. "Just relax," he said softly, sensing my tension. His voice was calm and steady, a soothing balm to my anxious thoughts. He climbed into the bed beside me, the mattress shifting gently under his weight.

I watched as he settled in, his presence both comforting and electrifying. I felt the warmth radiating from his body, a stark contrast to the coolness of the sheets. Tristan reached out, taking my hand in his, and pressed a gentle kiss to the back of it. The simple gesture sent a shiver down my spine, and i felt like my heart is going to explode.

His eyes locked onto mine again, The soft light from the bedside lamp illuminated our shared features, highlighting the richness of out big, pure green eyes.

He noticed my gaze and smiled back, made me almost embarrassed. He grabbed my cheek and kissed me with a laugh, nodding his head. My cheeks couldn't turn any redder.

I finally let my head rest on the pillow, "Thank you."
I murmured at him as my eyes slowly closed,
"I'll be gone in the morning, and i want you to feel free to do whatever you want." He closed his eyes as well,

Tristan's gentle rhythm of his breaths filling the quiet space, "Good night, love," he whispered, his voice barely above a murmur.

I felt a flutter of anxiety in my chest, my mind racing with thoughts and worries. I wanted to be brave, and i was so sick of this feeling, the feeling of not able to do anything out of fear, or anxiety.

Slowly, my hand moved cautiously toward Tristan's, trembling slightly as i reached out. When my fingers finally found his, i held it gently, satisfied.

It was all a new experience for me, this closeness, this intimacy. I wasn't used to physical touch with people. It was the first time i had allowed myself to be so vulnerable with someone.