Chapter 1: Zero Kelvin

"Time to meet your doom, dirtbag!" General Hernamidos and the Reaper Squad stormed into Xneong's office in Korea with guns ablaze.

They fired into the chair where the High Envoy of Korea should be sitting.

"Heh! I bet you weren't expecting that!" Hernamidos swiped the revolving chair around, expecting to see Xneong's corpse. "What the?"

A hologram of a man with a cybernetic eye wearing a dark suit and turquoise tie sat.

Xneong snickered. "Missed me, you fool!"

"You snake! You got some nerve to betray the Supreme Herald!"

"Betray? You're mistaken. Don't you realize Fanghui's plan with the Revelation Concerto will bring armageddon? I'm doing this for all our sake, moron!"

Hernamidos threw a cigarette bomb at the chair. "Frying my brain with that crap won't work!"

He then heard the roar of a motorcycle outside and stomped with fury when he saw Xneong escaping on his eagle-beaked vehicle. The High Envoy sped past the guarding brachyura terrortanks into the bustling streets of Seoul.

"Dacos! What the hell happened? I told you not to let anyone out!" Hernamidos yelled into his earpiece.

The noise of a flushed toilet sounded from the other end. "Ah, I feel much better. Oh, sorry, General! Nature calls, you know. What did I miss?"

"Get your frickin butt outside and kill Xneong!" The General and the Reaper Squad marched to the hangar. "Kumiciel! Track that vehicle!"

"Warning! High Envoy Xneong Hoon-Jing has been deemed hostile to the Global Federation of World Justice," The sailfish enforcer drones blared sirens across the city streets. "Please remain inside your homes until the threat has been eliminated. Thank you for your cooperation."

I hate to leave my people behind. Xneong bolted through the highway. But if Iagen gets Shien, the end will be upon us all.

***

The SHRIKE tanks and MLRS surrounded the Samsara Crinoid as Federation droid forces rolled out the barracuda hovertanks to fight back. Misuna's team blended with the Reaper Squad commandos and snuck into the superweapon. They walked into the metallic hallways with glowing red sirens where crusader droids marched into formation.

"To accomplish our mission, we need to find Zeruqkchiyion's control bay," Misuna led Dorian and Isrina.

They navigated through the hallways and staircases. There were rooms full of Syanic Earth pods where Reaper Squad commandos lay deployed to carry out Project Zeruqkchiyion while crusader droids guarded their bodies. Soon, they found the control bay, which had restricted access via card reader.

"My regular card won't work since I'm no longer part of the Federation," Misuna huffed.

"Maybe, it's my turn to shine," Dorian opened her laptop and plugged her adaptor into the card reader. "Give me your card."

She scanned Misuna's identification into her computer and began the hack. Misuna and Isrina guarded Dorian as she typed in codes they couldn't understand.

"We're in!" Dorian smiled.

The card reader blinked green as the sliding door opened. Inside the Zeruqkchiyion control bay were tall rows of computerized panels with many levers and colorful buttons. There were computer screens that monitored Syanic Earth players within the virtual world. The room was full of chatter from the scientists who communicated with the Reaper Squad agents using their mics.

"Reaper Squad?" One of the guarding commandos approached the trio. "But we don't have an inspection scheduled today."

"We have an emergency U283. We believe SHRIKE intruders have infiltrated the Samsara Crinoid," Misuna told the commando. "The Reaper Squad has orders to investigate the matter. That includes searching this room."