Chapter 4

(Hale's Point of View)

It's been a week since I last saw the prince, and as soon as I wake up, I immediately notice that all the elders of our house are gone, including my parents. My maid, Sarah, informs me that they are all attending an important meeting. Why do they always have meetings? I sent a request to the prince if we can meet and hang out, but he declines, saying he's too busy with his studies. I guess I'll be alone for the whole day, perhaps even the whole week again.

To shake off the boredom, I decided to take a stroll in the garden since my teachers, who's usually instructing me about spells, are not available today due to an unknown reason.

As I wander through the garden, I spot a huge ice block being carefully handled by a group of people. It's not a normal ice block, they seem cautious as they slowly move it toward the back door of our manor.

"Sarah?" I call, a frown forming on my face.

"Yes, my lady?" she replies, her voice slightly shaky.

"Who are those people? And what's with the huge ice block?"

"T-that's... I-I have no idea, my lady," she stammers, glancing down at the ground. Her hands tremble, a knot of worry tightens in my stomach. Is something wrong?

"Then why are they using the back door instead of our front door? Do my parents know about this?" I press, but she simply looks down again, apologizing for her ignorance.

"I see." I sigh, feeling a mix of confusion and concern. Maybe I should just visit Lunara since everyone seems too busy to spend time with me. I won't ride her, of course, but I can walk with her.

After what feels like hours, I finally arrive at the stables where Lunara is kept. "Greetings, Lady Hale," the stablemaster says with a warm smile.

"How is Lunara doing?"

"She's doing well! As soon as she saw you, she couldn't help but want to be released." We both chuckled.

"Well then, can I take her for a walk?" I request, excitement thrumming within me.

"Surely, my lady," he replies, and before long, I'm leading Lunara out of the stables.

As we walk through the forest, Sarah follows behind us along with two guards, their presence is a comfort in case anything goes wrong. I look around, enjoying the peaceful surroundings, when suddenly I feel the same unsettling energy that the prince and I encountered a week ago.

"You can feel it too?" I murmur to Lunara as if she could respond.

Curiosity overtakes caution, and I decided to follow the energy. But as we venture deeper into the woods, the light begins to fade, and an ominous feeling creeps in.

"My lady, I think we should go back. I don't like this feeling at all. It would be best if we left here quickly," Sarah warns, her voice laced with anxiety. As an Elementaris, she's more attuned to these energies than I am.

"You think so? Can you track where that energy is coming from?" I ask, still intrigued despite her concerns.

"Yes, I can, but Lady Hale, it's too dangerous—not just for us but also for Lunara," she insists, her worry evident.

Suddenly, I realize I might be putting us all in danger. What was I thinking? With a heavy heart, I nodded. "You're right. Let's go back and let Lunara rest."

Back at the stables, I ask the stablemaster to give her extra care and food, knowing that the corrupt energy must have exhausted her.

A nagging feeling creeps over me that everyone is hiding something from me. When I return home, the silence is deafening, no one is there to greet us. My parents have gone to the palace, and my other relatives have been sent away. I can't shake the feeling of being left out.