Chapter 1

"Lady Hale! Please be careful! A lady like you shouldn't be running around like this, you might trip and hurt yourself!"

I didn't pay attention to her warnings and instead continued to run.

The warm air is so comforting, and the sunlight feels so good on my skin. Having sunlight is rare in Zakraine, as we are located in the north, where it's always cold and full of snow. When I heard that the maids would enjoy their vacation doing picnics because it was sunny, I immediately requested my parents to let me out and enjoy the sun.

Usually, at this time, I would be in my study room, learning etiquette and spells. But here I was, enjoying the sun and feeling the warm air flow through my body. As I ran, I noticed a boy standing near the tree where I often read. He seemed to be of noble descent, so I should greet him, right?

"Do you know him?" I asked the servant beside me, my curiosity piqued.

"I apologize, my lady, but I don't know him. I've never seen him before," she replied, bowing her head as a gesture of regret.

"Me neither," I said, trying to ease her concern. "It's alright. No need to apologize."

I turned my attention back to the boy standing by the tree. I took a moment to gather my thoughts and smooth down my dress, ensuring I looked presentable. With a gentle smile, I approached him.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hale Luchez, daughter of Archduke Harren and Archduchess Gale." I bowed slightly to show my respect.

I looked at him, but he didn't even bother to glance my way, he was simply staring into the garden as if I weren't there at all. Isn't he being disrespectful? I frowned and glanced at my servant, but she just looked down, avoiding my gaze. What is this?! I felt a wave of frustration wash over me.

I cleared my throat. "Excuse me, gentlemen? I introduced myself, so please tell me who you are and what you are doing in our duchy." He is still not moving.

"Oh, Hale, why are you here? I thought you were going to enjoy the sun?" My father's voice was warm and welcoming as I ran into his arms, a smile spreading across my face.

"I was just—" I started, but my words trailed off as I noticed my mother beside him, her gentle smile as comforting as ever. The two unfamiliar figures standing next to them caught my attention.

"Your Grace, the lady just returned from her stroll, which is why she's here," the servant explained, a hint of nervousness in her voice as she stepped forward.

My father nodded, his gaze shifting back to me. "I see. Well, it's wonderful to see you enjoying the sunlight, Hale. Make sure you don't stray too far next time."

I smiled, feeling a mix of gratitude and embarrassment. "I won't, Father."

I looked at the man who's here with us; he is tall, has a beard, and possesses striking black hair and red eyes. He looks so majestic that anyone would think he is the Emperor. By his side stands a beautiful woman with long white hair like ours and glowing blue eyes. Is she perhaps one of my kind? Though I can't sense any energy from her, she gives off a vibe that resonates with the Luchez.

"Hale," my father began, pulling me from my thoughts. "I would like you to meet the Emperor of Zakraine, his Majesty, and his wife, the Empress, her Majesty." He gently set me down so I could pay my respects to both of them.

I knew it! He is the Emperor. But he's not scary looking like what people are saying about him. Instead, he possesses a regal presence, his posture confident yet relaxed. The Emperor's red eyes, dark and observant, convey a sense of wisdom, while the Empress, with her long white hair and glowing blue eyes, radiates grace and strength.