008. 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖻𝖾 𝖺 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀, 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾.

school was a blur for felix

school was a blur for felix. he moved through the day with his head down, trying to stay invisible, just like always. but being around so many people felt different lately, like the walls were closing in a little more each day. at his desk, he absentmindedly fidgeted with the toy car hidden in his hoodie. it was a small comfort, something that helped keep him grounded. still, he found himself glancing at hyunjin, who was sitting just a few desks away.

hyunjin had been kind to him-more than kind, really. there was something about hyunjin's presence that made felix feel like maybe he didn't have to disappear completely. even though they hadn't talked much, there was an unspoken understanding between them. it was why felix felt a little braver that day.

when the bell rang for lunch, felix didn't head straight for the bathroom like usual. instead, he lingered by his desk, waiting for hyunjin to finish packing up. he chewed on the inside of his cheek, nerves building up in his chest, but he forced himself to speak.

"hyunjin," felix said softly, almost afraid of his own voice.

hyunjin looked up, his usual smile appearing as soon as he saw felix. "hey, what's up?"

felix hesitated, his fingers gripping the edge of his sleeve. "i was wondering if... if you wanted to work on the project after school again." he swallowed, forcing himself to keep going. "at your place."

hyunjin blinked, surprised. it wasn't like felix to ask to hang out, let alone suggest going to someone's house. but after a second, hyunjin's smile widened. "yeah, sure! of course we can."

relief washed over felix, though he still felt a bit shaky. he nodded, quickly gathering his things and avoiding eye contact. "cool," he mumbled.

the rest of the school day passed in a similar blur, but the knowledge that he was going to hyunjin's place again made it a little easier to get through. once the final bell rang, they walked to hyunjin's house in a comfortable silence. hyunjin's mom greeted them from the kitchen as soon as they walked through the door.

"felix, hey! it's so good to see you again," she said warmly, a smile spreading across her face.

felix felt a strange mix of emotions hearing his name-his real name-spoken so casually. part of him wanted to shrink into his hoodie, but another part of him felt a little lighter. "thanks," he murmured, offering a small smile in return.

hyunjin's mom gave him an approving nod. "you boys go on and do your thing. there's snacks in the kitchen if you get hungry."

they headed upstairs to hyunjin's room, the familiar, quiet space instantly putting felix at ease. it wasn't like school or his own home, where he always felt like he had to be on guard. here, with hyunjin, he could let down his walls just a little.

as they sat down to work on the project, felix noticed hyunjin sneaking glances at him, as if he was debating whether to say something. finally, after a few moments of awkward silence, hyunjin stood up and walked over to his wardrobe.

"uh, i wanted to ask you something," hyunjin began, his voice a little hesitant. he pulled out an old hoodie, holding it up for felix to see. it was simple, dark blue, and a little worn, but it looked comfortable.

"this doesn't fit me anymore," hyunjin explained, fidgeting slightly. "i mean, it's from the men's section... but i thought, maybe you'd want it?"

felix blinked, caught off guard. "you... you're giving this to me?"

hyunjin scratched the back of his head, clearly a little nervous. "yeah, if you want it. no pressure or anything."

felix stared at the hoodie for a moment before reaching out to take it. the fabric was soft under his fingers, and the weight of the gesture hit him harder than he expected. "thank you," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

without thinking too much, felix stood up and slipped the hoodie on, his movements careful, like he was testing how it felt. hyunjin quickly turned away, not wanting to stare, but out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of felix's thin frame, noticing for the first time just how small he looked beneath the layers of clothing. there was something else too-something underneath the hoodie, tightly pressed against his chest.

felix, now wearing the hoodie, sat back down too, feeling a little more at ease. the tension between them eased as they quietly worked on the project, hyunjin offering a few suggestions here and there, but neither of them bringing up what had just happened.

but hyunjin understood now. maybe he didn't have all the answers, but he understood that felix was more than what he showed the world. and in his own quiet way, hyunjin was going to be there for him, no matter what.

 and in his own quiet way, hyunjin was going to be there for him, no matter what