𝐬𝐢𝐱. ( charmer )

At dinner, Fierian explains our plan to Finnick. He adds quite a few embellishments to his story of how we reached our conclusion, but I don't mind. Finnick seems trepidatiously excited for me, not wanting to ruin Fierian's enthusiasm but quite obviously not ready to join him in celebration. Wade and Seamus join us halfway through. Wade asks for Fierian's help giving the Capitol debriefing to Seamus after dinner. He says he'd be happy to.

As usual, he continues chattering on to the group while we all eat in relative silence. He reveals that Seamus is presenting himself as bold and aggressive tomorrow, which seems quite appropriate to me. Upon hearing my own strategy from Fierian, Seamus snorts.

"You're going to kill us with your curiosity?" His tone reeks with superiority.

"I'll win the people over with my charm. I'll kill you with my knowledge." This statement must be the most aggressive that I've ever made. I have to stop myself from slapping my palm over my mouth and instead busy my hands with scooping more broccoli stew into my dish. Even Fierian has the sense to remain silent as to not further provoke either of us.

Finnick has nothing else to busy me with after dinner so I return to my room. I drill myself with a few more interview scenarios out loud, then decide to have an early night. When I wake early the next morning, I run more questions and prospective answers. I feel like I'm back in school, studying for a test last minute that I was ill prepared for.

When my pacing becomes too much for me to stand, I shower. Fierian had relayed a message late last night to the tablet beside me that Giovani wanted me to shower, but not to use any styling products or makeup on my own accord. The instructions are exceedingly easy to follow, as I'd never used either of those anyway.

I indulge myself in a steaming hot shower. It has an instant calming effect. My muscles relax under the high water pressure, the stiffness that had compounded in the past couple of days washes out. I opt for the basic options on all of the shampoos and conditioners. I run a thick lather of the concoction through my hair, scrubbing hard at my scalp with my fingernails.

When I finally exit the shower, breakfast has been served in the dining room. After a hurried meal, Fierian takes both Seamus and I to the remake center we'd gone to on our first day here. It's a much less frightening experience this time. Though I'm still forced to be much more exposed than I'd like, the overall remake is quite a bit quicker. As one of the remake team members puts it, they no longer have to "start from square one" with me anymore.

The team seems to be bustling with a newfound enthusiasm this morning, having been told by Giovani to make me look just the same as they had before. They take this as a praise in their work previously, claiming that they've given me a "signature look". This time though, my fingernails are not left blank. The woman doing them, Katya, takes great pleasure in choosing a design from the color palette Giovani has given her. She selects from her collection a chrome deep green. When it's applied, she instructs me to move my fingers around. The effect is dazzling, the color shifts to a hazy purple in low light tones and the dusty green in high lighting.

Lunch is catered in to us. The hairstylist, Lucia, insists that we order the dried plum and lamb stew. I don't protest, figuring I should at least give it a try if it comes so highly recommended. It comes piping hot, billowing steam once we take the lid off of the dish. We all serve ourselves a bed of wild rice and pour the thick contents of the pot overtop. I don't hold back, taking big bites and almost forgetting to chew. It is delicious, the meat is foreign but not unwelcome at all.

Lucia and Katya fill most of the meal with conversation, gossiping about things I know I must've heard Fierian reference in the past few days. The makeup artist, Genetty, adds in a few pieces of banter along the way but overall seems more reserved than the other two. When she sees that I've finished, she beckons me away from the table.