6

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

I asked Aer again. We are already here in Aseb, his new home in this lifetime.

Home.

What a word to describe this Camp! It's almost ridiculous to call this place a home. Or maybe it is for some Warriors?

Aer grinned.

I expected him to have a hard time adjusting here in Aseb. This place is so different from Pita, also far different from Earth. But ever since we got here, there is this glimmer and spark in his eyes. He looks like a child who's so eager and so curious to learn new things.

He is so different from the Elder Aer, the Healer. Maybe he is just fascinated now with his newfound freedom? That he is finally outside Pita where he lived for so long?

"Of course! It's my pleasure to be of help here! Let's go Yre, they are already in the battleship!"

The Warriors here usually take turns in navigating our battleship as its pilot. When I mentioned it to Aer, he volunteered to be trained as a pilot and first aid medic. The Source was delighted with the idea.

I suddenly remembered Edr's words, that maybe we can bring much needed warmth here in Aseb. Indeed, this camp feels lighter and friendlier now that Aer is here. Slowly, I opened up and finally treated other Warriors as friends.

Aer's presence here reminded us of that Earthly thing: family.

I guided Aer in navigating the battleship. He's almost gawking during our trip, amazed by the stars, planets, realms, camps, and even wars going on around us.

I smirked.

"Attention and concentrate please, Captain Aer! We don't want our ship blown up even before we reach the enemy's camp!"

Aer blushed. Some of the Warriors laughed and also started teasing him. You are still such a young soul, Healer!

Another dreading mission. But somehow, it feels like a first time for me now that Aer is here. I frowned at that thought.

I...

I should go back alive, right? I should return to him here in our battleship. He will be waiting for me as I do my Warrior duty.

One command from the Source and we are out of the battleship. Silently attacking the enemies camp. I can't wait to finish these evil forces! 

Finally, I looked forward to going back to Aseb. Maybe finally, I have home to return to.  So this is how it is, huh?

I joined my comrades battlecry as we attacked.

--------------------------------------

"Are you okay?"

Aer asked me as I stayed in solemn silence after the ceremony of honor for our fallen Warriors.

I quickly nodded, finishing a silent prayer in my head.

"You must be tired tending the injured Warriors, Aer. Let's go back to our quarters. I already requested for your rest tomorrow, you don't have to join us on the mission..."

He held my hand and teleported both of us in our quarters. He must have sensed my weariness. I looked at him in awe.

"You didn't lost your ability! I thought..."

Aer just gave me a small smile.

"Thank you for always looking after me since we got here, Yre. I'll take the time off tomorrow to process this day. But I'll be joining you again on duty soon..."

I nodded and embraced him. I felt him finally relaxed. He's been looking torn and confused ever since we finished our mission earlier. He is shaken by the sight of it all.

"Thank you for your service, Aer. We appreciate you. Just..."

I sighed.

"I will return tomorrow, okay? I will come home after the mission..."

"Oh you will, soulmate! Or else..."

It is odd but I laughed, he also did.

Things are surely different now, different from now on, huh?