Remember Me?

One more week and I'll be flying off to California! I'm sure gonna miss it here. The swampy marsh, the bipolar weather, the kind people. I'll miss it all! 

I was at the mall, trying to clear my mind. The flight is all I could think about. It'll be the first time that I ever fly. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I blame movies and media. Snakes On a Plane really go me paranoid about flying. 

Usually shopping gets my mind off of things, but it's not doing it today. 

"Hi, do you need any help with anything?" a masculine voice stopped my thoughts. I slowly turned around to see that it was a store clerk. 

I let out a deep sigh and responded, "No, thank you. I'm good, but I'll let you know if I need anything." I gave him my best smile and walked away. Well, I tried to walk away. 

"You're Bethany Summers, right?" the clerk asked. 

I turned around and backed away when I noticed the guy was too close for my liking. "Yes, I'm Bethany Summers. Why? Who are you?" 

He looked kind of hurt from my question. I honestly didn't know who this guy was. You don't remember me, do you?" I shook my head. "It has been a while since we've seen each other." I frowned my eyebrows in confusion. He let out a sigh. "It's me, Caleb. Caleb Collins?" 

That name sounded so familiar. Where have I heard it before? My eyebrows were still furrowed as I kept thinking. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember you, Caleb," I apologized. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember who he was. 

"It's alright," he smiled, "I didn't think you would remember me." I gave him an apologetic smile. "Well, take care," he said and walked away. 

He seemed sweet. And he was cute. Oh Lord. I'm turning into a girl. Ugh. I need to get out this store. 

I walked out and went to my car. Luckily it wasn't too far because there were some guys whistling at me. Walk faster, Bethany! I unlocked my car and quickly hopped into it. Buckling my seat belt, I made sure my doors were locked. Then I turned the ignition and my car roared to life. Finally I pulled out the parking lot and onto the highway. 

My mind was on everything but driving. The flight, that boy at the store, Dad, Eric, John. John. He's so..I don't know, but it's not good! He gets under my skin and all I wanna do is claw his eyes out. Harsh, I know, but it's true.

I pulled into the driveway of my house and put the car in park. Yes, in park and not off. I just needed to get something and then I'm going shopping some more. 

Walking into the house, I heard people talking. Who could be in the house? I carefully and quietly walked through the living room and up the stairs. The talking was getting louder and louder with every step I took. Once I was at the top of the staircase,  noticed that the talking was coming from Eric's room. I tip-toed down the hallway and peeked through the crack in his door. He was on the phone talking to someone (obviously). I caught some of the words he was saying. 

"I don't care! I'm done being nice to her! She's a bitch!" He stopped talking to listen to the person on the other side of the phone. "Mom, no." Another silence. "She just needs to move already. She's affecting John and I don't like it." So he was talking about me with Rebecca? 

I'm not gonna lie. It stung whenever he called me a bitch. And when he said I'm affecting John. 

I couldn't take listening anymore, so I stood up. A few tears fell, but I kept my composure. Then I walked to my room and retrieved my cellphone. I know, I'm careless. Forgetting my phone is very irresponsible. Oh, well. Guilty. I tried to be as quiet as possible walking out the house.