Dancing Food

After I left the bathroom, I saw the two boys talking. By the looks of their faces, it must be something serious. My feet began to drag me twoard them. 

"Hey, guys," I said. Their conversation stopped and they looked at me with confused expressions. 

"Hey, Beth," Eric said. 

"Hey, Baby Doll," John said at the exact same time as Eric. Eric glared at him after they spoke. 

I pushed my curiosity in the back of my mind. "So, now what?" My hands made their way to my front pockets, and they stayed there. 

The boys just shrugged and I rolled eyes. "Why don't we go eat? I'm starving!" Eric complained. John and I exchanged looks and nodded in agreement. 

I didn't realize before, but I was kind of hungry, too. My mouth began to water at the thought of a fair burger. Those are the best burgers that I have ever eaten in my life! Along with some homemade fries. Stop thinking about it, Bethany! You're drooling! 

"Beth? Beth?" Eric was yelling at me. 

I quickly snapped out my hungry thoughts and stared at my step-brother. "What?" 

"John and I are going get a burger, he stated. They began to walk off until I ran up to them. 

"Wait! I'm coming with y'all!" I hollered at them. 

It didn't take long to get to the food booth. There were so many varieties to choose from! You had your burgers, bengeits (ban-yays), jambalaya, fries, onion rings, funnel cakes, regular cakes, white beans, you name it! 

Te smell was delicious and once again I was drooling. 

"What would you like?" a lady around her early thirties asked. Her eyes were on me and I quickly looked at the menu. 

"I would like a burger with fries, please?" I asked with a drooling smile on my face. Not too long after the lady put the burger and fries in front of me. 

"That'll be five dollars," she said. Her hand was stretched out waiting for the money. I gave her the twenty I had earlier and she gave me my change. "Thank," she said. I grabbed my food and went find a table. 

There was an empty table right in front of the dance floor where you could see the old couples slow dancing. It was adorable. My mind began to wander. Love can last a long time, can it? It's crazy. 

John was the next to come sit with me. He had a plate full of jambalaya. "I see you chose a burger," he told me. I nodded with a mouthful of heaven. "Must be good because you're drooling." He laughed. 

Making sure I chewed thoroughly, I swallowed the bite and wiped my mouth. "So," I began, "why did you want to hang out today?" 

"Why not?" was all he said before taking a bite of his jambalaya. 

"Well, how long have you and Eric been friends?" All of my questions were gonna be answered. 

He swallowed his food and stared at me as if he were thinking, "Senior year of high school," he said. 

"How come I've never seen you around school?" I asked taking another bite of my burger. 

"Believe it or not I used to be shy," he said. His face turned a light shade of pink. 

Still, I would've seen you in the halls and such," I stated as a hand raised in the air. I talk with my hands a lot, so it's hard not to use them. 

"John always waited for the halls to clear to walk them," Eric joined us. He had just about everything in his plate! "Also, you were too busy with the dance team and spirit shit that you didn't notice anyone."