Chapter 16

"...........what was the point of you taking me again?" Izuku said. It had been precisely three minutes since they'd narrowly escaped Dark Shadow. He'd still managed to tear off a few wires when Ennard had thrown him off.

"Well, it was instructions," Ennard said defensively. "I wasn't told to stand down. I had to investigate you."

Izuku crossed his arms. "NO!"

Ennard shook their head. "You will always be sixteen, dead or not."

"Excuse me? We are the same age!" Izuku protested. He checked behind him again, down the vents. He'd been doing that a lot.

"Well, one of our souls are the same age," Ennard admitted. They'd almost forgotten how annoying Terrence was, in all the year's he'd been gone.

Terrence huffed. "Yeah, and the rest are younger! So, I'm older! Plus, the other souls make Noah more childish."

*     *     *

one zoom-in to Ennard brought to you by..... um, Ennard

*     *     *

Let me control, Noah! one of the girl souls said. You always control! 

Because I'm the most mature. Sorry, Amelia, this moment is important, Noah apologised. 

The moment is always important, another spirit protested.

Okay I'll let Amelia control after I'm done here, okay? Noah said.

Yay!

* * *

one zoom-out from Ennard brought to you by.... um, Ennard

* * *

"...nard? Eeeennaaarrd," Izuku sang, rapping on Ennard's mask. There was a whirr, and Ennard sat up straight.

"Sorry," Ennard said. "Things going on inside."

Izuku rolled his eyes, sitting back. "Now what?"

Ennard was confused. "Now... what?"

"You just kidnapped me in front of my class, and my classmate just stole a sample of your wires," Izuku pointed out. "How do I get back convincingly?"

"Glitch will figure something out," Ennard said lazily.

*     *      *

one time skip brought to you by a homeroom caterpillar

*     *     * 

Aizawa fought hard not to flick an ear out of irritation. That would mean becoming half-Glitch, and unliked SOME people, he could keep a disguise.

Aizawa had been forced to report the incident with Nezu, because although he was known to be so negligent he actually bothered, not caring when a student was kidnapped was a whole new level.

So now he was in the Rat Satan's office with the staff members, discussing what they should do.

"I think the best course of action would be to start blocking all the vent openings, especially the ones that lead outside," Nezu said. "We can't have the wire villain escaping orbit taking more students."

"Is the villain hot?" asked Midnight.

I didn't know masses of wires were your taste, Midnight, Aizawa thought. "Midnight, no-"

"Midnight yes," she countered, licking her lips.

Aizawa sighed. Nezu merely smiled. 

""I'll be the one to get Problem Child back," Aizawa said. 

Nezu nodded. Aizawa was mildly surprised. He'd expected more argument- he'd had multiple points ready to back himself up- but he wasn't complaining.  "We'll start blocking the vents. Aizawa, go immediately. No time can be wasted."

Didn't we just waste time? Aizawa wondered. He agreed, then swiftly exited the room.

Start thinking of a good lie now...

Word Count: 488