Prologue

Ennard crept through the vents. These vents weren't like the ones at home or at Sister Location, though. Those vents were nice, and familiar, and easy to chase nightguards through in high-speed fatal games of tag in. These vents were cold and unforgiving and smelt of evil power. And also failure. Lots and lots of failure.

Huh.

Voices echoed up to Ennard, stopping their review of the vents. A little bit away, below. They slithered forward, spied a grate and peered through it. 

Three people were in the room. One had a dark cloak with its hood up, but Ennard could see the ends of locks of shaggy light blue hair. Another seemed to be a girl no older than sixteen, with messy blonde buns and covered in blood, clutching a knife. The third person had spiky black hair,who seemed to have a purple jaw.

Ennard thought of the resident grape they knew, Eggs Benedict.

"...can't we?" Murder-Girl was whining.

"We just did!" Black-Hood snapped at her.

"But- Izuku-"

"If Izuku called in sick that day, too bad! I don't get why you're so obsessed with him. But we're not attacking UA again just so you can see him!"

"But his blood-!"

"Drink the blood of a broccoli, then. Isn't it the same?" Purple-Jaw muttered, leaning against the wall. "Broccoli high-school student."

Murder-Girl's jaw dropped open. "Is NOT! He doesn't look like a broccoli!"

"Yes, he does," Purple-Jaw said.

"Green hair does not a broccoli make!" shrilled Murder-Girl. "Do you see that frog-girl as a broccoli?"

"No, she's a frog," Black-Hood pointed out. 

A memory surfaced, from when Ennard was Noah. Terrence, dying a streak of his hair green because he 'felt like it'. Mrs Afton, screaming because it was permanent. Terrence died when he was sixteen, and this Izuku is in high school.

It was worth a try.

Ennard flicked on the voice message contraption Eggs made, then sent his quietest voice down to it.

"Hey, Eggs, possible T," it whispered. "Izuku, green hair, considered a broccoli, in UA, whatever that is, in high school. Check him out. Over."