P a r t 2:

(Addy's POV)

Ha! They thought I would just go with them? Those boys I don't even know? They must know nothing. I raced to the forest and swung myself up into a tall tree, climbing to the top.

Finally, I stopped. 

Thinking over the events, I had to admit: the blond accented boy - Newt, did he say his name was? - had been pretty kind. The other boy - the one I'd hit in the face - hadn't been.

"Addison!" It was the boy. The blond one. Newt.

I froze. 

"Addison?" It had to be him; only he knew my name. I'd foolishly given it to him. The branch I was standing on suddenly broke. I gasped, falling. Thankfully, I managed to grab onto another branch before I landed. However, my feet hang down in plain sight. And the branch had been loud. And I'd gasped.

Maybe Newt was crushed when the branch fell? It was pretty big. I thought, depressed that I'd given myself away.

"Addison, please come down." 

Nope, he was still alive.

Perfect.

"Why?" I asked. He obviously knew where I was now. No point hiding. 

Plus my feet were still hanging down. Curse those feet.

"Please. I swear you can trust me." He was standing right below me. 

"How do I know that? You haven't answered a single question I've asked since I've arrived."

"Well, what are your bloody questions? I promise, I'll answer them as best as I can." He sounded a little annoyed.

I hesitated. "What is this place? Am I the only girl? Why can't I remember anything? How did you get here? Why are we here? Who exactly are you?" The questions flooded from my mouth.

"Well, we're in the Glade, yes, you are the only girl, and...I don't know."

"Quit lying!"

"I'm not! Just... will you come down here?"

"Oh, I'll come down!" I lept from the tree, nearly landing atop Newt. Repeating what I'd done earlier, I grabbed his knife and, shoving him against the tree, held it firmly to his throat.

Surprising me, he laughed. "What do you want?"

"You know what I want. Give me some answers."

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"Where are we? Am I the only girl? How do I know I can trust you? Are we safe here? Why can't I remember anything? Who are you really?" The questions flooded past my lips.

"Well... we're in the Glade, yes, you are the only girl, and... I don't know."

"Quit lying!" I pressed harder onto the blade, not enough to kill but enough to draw a thin trail of blood.

"FINE!" He cried out, grimacing in pain. "But the only reason is because Alby will bloody kill me if I tell you the buggin' truth!"

"And here I am, about to kill you for lying. How ironic." I said, barely keeping myself together. Truthfully, I felt terrible, and would never kill him. But I needed some answers. "So, who do you fear more, Newt? This Alby or the girl holding a knife to your throat."

"You listened?" He asked instead.

"What?" I was so stunned I relaxed my hold a little bit.

"You listened to me. Back in the Box."

"Uh..."

"But anyway, Addison, I found an answer to your question."

"Which one?"

"How you know you can trust us." Newt said quietly.

"And? What's your answer?" I asked.

He thought for a moment, then murmured: "I don't know about the others, but I can tell you're special. And, if that's not enough, we always care for the new Greenies. We'll set up rules for you, and help you. I bloody swear it."

At that moment, I broke. I began crying, dropping the knife to my side. I nearly crumpled, but Newt held me up.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed. "I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm so scared. I don't know what to do." 

He hugged me.

"It's alright. Calm down. It's alright." 

I kept crying. Finally, I stopped. 

"Are you ready to go out now?" Newt whispered. I took a deep breath.

"I - I think so." I sniffled.

"Ok. Don't worry, I'll stay with you."

"Ok."