P a r t 5

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: we've fast-forwarded to when Thomas arrives ;) just letting you know!)

(Addy's POV)

"The Box is here!"

I looked up sharply from my flower garden. Not to be confused with the other Gardens. This one is mine. And it's flowers, not fruits and veggies.

Running through the garden, I cursed the fact that I had only been sent up dresses. No matter how many times I asked for regular clothes, they kept sending dresses. And no, I was not wearing boy clothes.

Ever.

But anyway, as I was closest to the Box, I made it there first. Which meant I heard the screams first. I always hated it when they screamed.

"Help! Help me! HELP!"

I sighed. "We've got another boy!"

Gally and Alby yanked open the hatches, and Gally lept in.

"Day 1 Greenie. Rise and shine."

He pulled the boy to his feet and out of the Box.

A couple boys laughed and pointed, as if they hadn't looked like and done the same things as the Greenie when they'd come up.

They crowded around, laughing and jeering. Suddenly the boy was on his feet, running toward the Maze.

"Ey, we've got a runner!" Zart laughed. 

The others chuckled loudly. We watched the Greenbean running.

"Ooh, we've maybe got ourselves a new Runner." Newt whispered to me.

Then the boy fell. Flat on his face.

"OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!" The boys taunted jokingly, laughing even harder.

I giggled. "You sure, Newt?"

He chuckled. "Nope. Can't have a face-planting Runner." He joked.

The Greenie got up. Alby wiped his eyes, a huge smile still on his face as he said: "Alright, that's enough entertainment. Go take him to the Slammer 'till we can make sure he won't run again."

(Newt's POV)

Later, I was working with Addy in her garden when I saw Alby touring the Greenie.

"Come on, let's go meet the Greenbean." I said to her. 

She glanced up. "Yeah, sounds great!"

We jogged over.

"Hey!" Alby smiled. "Greenie, this is Newt and Addison. Newt's in charge when I'm not around."

"Good thing you're always around then." I shook his hand, followed by Addy.

"Hello, Greenie." Addy said joyfully.

"Uh...hi?" He spoke softly.

"Listen, that was some dash you made earlier." She noted, a smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah!" I grinned. "For a second there I thought you had the chops to be a Runner-" I paused. "'Till you face-planted."

Alby and Addy laughed. The Greenbean just looked confused. 

"Wait - Runner?"

"Alright, Newt, do me a favor and go find Chuck." Alby said, his smile fading. "Come on, Greenie, let me tell you some things."

"Oh, is he going to get it." Addy whispered to me as we walked away.

I laughed.

When Alby had told Addy the rules around here for the first time, she'd been utterly disappointed to learn that she couldn't hurt any of us, no matter what we were doing.

"Come on, let's go find Chuck." I said.