P a r t 4

(Addy's POV)

Ugh! How dare they tell me how to live my life! 

I stormed off, through the flower gardens and into the woods. I hate Gally! And why would Minho even suggest something like that!

I walked into the forest and climbed up into my tree. And Newt's tree. We spent all of our extra time there. In fact, if I'm being honest, it's where I first fell in love with him. That was part of the reason I was so upset. Just when I'd thought he liked me back, the Keepers had gone and banned it! Banned me from ever liking anyone ever again!

"UGH!" I shrieked. I curled up on the wooden platform we'd made. My knees were up to my head with my head between my thighs. My arms were wrapped around me, and I shuddered with each breath.

"Addy, are you alright?"

It was Newt.

I looked up sharply. He was standing on the corner of the platform, looking nervous to come closer.

"Yes. I'm fine."

"Addy, I just wanted to say..." He hesitated.

"What?"

"I case..."

"Newt, please just tell me."

"Addy, I love you!"

(Newt's POV)

Addy was silent. Finally, she stood.

"I...I love you, too." She said quietly.

I froze.

Suddenly, she walked closer; and closer. Then she pressed her lips against mine.

We stayed like that for who knows how long, until Addy finally pulled away.

"But what about the rule? And what about the others?" I whispered.

"The others don't have to know."

Then she kissed me again.