CHAPTER TEN: DEBUT

The atmosphere in the studio was electric as Y/n and the other girls prepared to celebrate their successful debut. It had been a few weeks since they first stepped onto the stage, and the response from fans had been overwhelmingly positive. Their music video had dropped that morning, and the views were skyrocketing. Y/n could hardly believe it—she had become a fan favorite almost instantly, her visuals and talent capturing the hearts of many.

As the party commenced, the room buzzed with excitement. Balloons and banners adorned the space, and their manager had arranged a small feast to celebrate their achievements. Y/n laughed and danced with her teammates, the tension of the past few weeks melting away with every cheerful toast and burst of laughter. The sense of camaraderie was stronger than ever, and Y/n felt truly at home among her fellow idols.

In the midst of the festivities, Y/n's phone buzzed with a new message, pulling her attention away from the party. She glanced at the screen and her heart sank as she read Jungkook's cold text: *"I'll pick you up today to go to my house."*

The starkness of his message sent a chill down her spine. She had expected a celebratory message, perhaps something more playful, but instead, it felt almost like a command. Y/n's heart raced as she weighed her options. She had promised herself to keep things under control, but Jungkook's tone made her uneasy.

Y/n took a moment to gather her thoughts. She wanted to celebrate with her group, not be pulled away into whatever mood Jungkook was in. With a resolve growing inside her, she quickly typed back a message.

*"I can't come right now. I'm with my group celebrating our debut. Can we meet another time?"*

She hit send and felt a mixture of anxiety and relief wash over her. There was a part of her that wanted to please him, but she also recognized the importance of her celebration with her teammates. This was a significant milestone for them, and she didn't want to miss it for anything.

Almost immediately, her phone buzzed again, and she braced herself as she read Jungkook's reply. *"Celebrating? Are you really going to let them take priority over me? I thought we had plans."*

Y/n's stomach churned at the accusation. "Jungkook, this is our debut! I really want to enjoy this moment with the girls," she typed back, her fingers trembling slightly.

"Sure, but you don't have to pretend like you can just push me aside when it suits you. This is important for us too," he responded, his words cutting deep.

"I know, but right now, I need to focus on my group," Y/n replied firmly, trying to keep her composure. "You're an important part of my life, but I can't ignore my responsibilities."

The silence in the air grew heavier as she waited for his reply. When he finally spoke, his voice was colder than she expected. "Fine. But don't expect me to be waiting around forever."

Y/n felt her heart sink. "Jungkook, please—" she started, but he interrupted her, his tone laced with frustration. "Just go back to your little celebration."

Jungkook stepped into the cozy living room where the rest of the BTS members were lounging, their laughter echoing off the walls. It was a welcome distraction from the tension he'd felt earlier, but as soon as he settled onto the couch, the conversation shifted to a topic he didn't want to hear about.

"Have you guys seen the new girl group debuting?" Namjoon asked, a hint of enthusiasm in his voice. "Their visuals are off the charts!"

Jungkook's body stiffened at the mention of the girl group. He was all too aware that one of those visuals was Y/n, his girlfriend. The compliments began flowing from his bandmates, each word piercing through him like a needle.