CHAPTER FIFTEEN: DESPERATION

Y/n stood in the dimly lit living room, her heart racing as Jungkook walked through the door. A month had passed since he had pulled her away from her life, and despite the suffocating weight of isolation, she found herself drawn to him like a moth to a flame. His presence both terrified and thrilled her.

"Hey," she said softly, trying to gauge his mood. She had learned that his temperament could shift in an instant, and she was eager to avoid any confrontation.

"Hey," Jungkook replied, tossing his keys onto the table and shrugging off his jacket. He looked worn out from a long day, and for a moment, Y/n felt a pang of sympathy. "How was your day?"

"It was okay," she answered, her gaze dropping to the floor. "Just... thinking." The truth was, she had spent hours grappling with the reality of her situation, and the weight of Jungkook's control bore down on her.

Jungkook stepped closer, tilting her chin up with his fingers. "You look tired," he said, studying her face. "You need to eat more."

Y/n bit her lip, feeling a mixture of guilt and affection swell within her. He was right; she often forgot to eat when she was alone, lost in her thoughts about how to escape. But every time she tried to bring it up, Jungkook would change the subject or grow defensive.

"I'll make something for us," she offered, moving toward the kitchen. As she turned her back to him, she felt his eyes on her, a familiar heat that both comforted and frightened her.

"Just wait," he said, and she froze, sensing the tension in his voice. "I want to show you something first."

"What is it?" she asked cautiously, glancing over her shoulder.

He took a step closer, and she could see that familiar smirk spreading across his face. "You're going to love it."

Y/n's heart sank as he reached into his bag, pulling out his phone. Her stomach twisted in knots, a sinking feeling washing over her as she realized what he was about to do. He tapped the screen, and a moment later, an article about her unexpected departure from the industry appeared.

"Look at this," Jungkook said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "Isn't it sad? Everyone thinks you're just a little girl who couldn't handle the pressure."

"Jungkook..." she started, her voice shaky. "Please don't do this."

"Why? It's just a little motivation for you." He stepped closer, lowering his voice. "You can be great, you know. You just have to focus on us."

Y/n felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes. "This isn't right. I shouldn't be here. I want to go back to my life."

His expression hardened, and she could see the shift in his demeanor. "I told you, Y/n. You're mine now. You need to accept that."

"But this isn't what I want!" she cried, the frustration boiling over. "I'm not happy here!"

"Then why do you keep coming to me?" he shot back, his eyes narrowing. "You know you can't leave, and deep down, you don't want to. You're too scared to face the world outside these walls."

Y/n felt the sting of his words, the truth cutting deeper than any knife. She was scared—scared of what he would do if she tried to leave, scared of the world beyond the confines of his home. But was that truly the only reason she stayed?

"Maybe I'm scared because of you," she whispered, her voice trembling.

He stepped back, crossing his arms. "You think I'm the problem? You're the one who needs to figure out what you want. I've given you everything."

"You've taken everything from me!" she shouted, feeling the walls close in around her. "I just want to go back!"

In a swift motion, he closed the distance between them, gripping her arms tightly. "You don't get to say that. You wanted this, Y/n. You wanted me. Now you have to live with the consequences."