3

"It's really none of your business," she muttered, her voice barely above a whisper, not even caring if he could hear her or not. Without hesitation, she tore herself from his grip. The warmth of his touch still lingered on her skin as she spun around, striding toward the door with the weight of her emotions pushing her forward. But just as she reached for the handle, her movement came to a sudden halt—his hand wrapped firmly around her wrist, pulling her back toward him.

In an instant, her body collided with his, her face brushing against his chest, solid like stone. His fingers tightened their hold as he tugged her closer. She could feel the heat radiating off his body, the steady rhythm of his breathing vibrating against her. His lips grazed her ear, the sensation sending a jolt through her as he leaned down to whisper.

"I'm going to ask you again," his voice was low, dangerously soft, like a predator circling its prey. His breath smelled faintly of mint, but there was nothing refreshing about the intensity in his tone. "Where the hell do you think you're going?"

A shiver ran down her spine. She couldn't suppress it—the way her body reacted to him, the way every nerve in her body seemed to ignite with the proximity of his presence. She could barely keep her voice steady, her thoughts scattered by the flood of conflicting emotions.

"Home," she barely managed to say.

"Home?" He let out a dark chuckle, his breath fanning across her neck. The tingles that spread through her body made it clear that her reaction wasn’t lost on him. "You are home." His voice was a growl, rough and deep, as his fingers brushed her hair behind her ear with unnerving tenderness.

She swallowed hard, feeling the weight of his words. "My real home," she stuttered, hating how small and vulnerable her voice sounded. She tried to keep her composure, but her nerves were betraying her. This was her stepbrother. He shouldn't be affecting her this way, making her feel so out of place. She was cursed with awkwardness, a trait that had clung to her since childhood, and it only made things worse now.

He chuckled again, but this time it was darker, more menacing. "Your real home?" he repeated, as if the concept was laughable. His voice dropped lower, more dangerous, as he whispered close to her ear. "Tell me, Y/N, do you really have a home? Or is your only home buried in a grave?"

Her heart dropped into her stomach. She stared at the floor, her vision blurring as the sting of tears filled her eyes. The once warm and vivid memories of her father flashed before her eyes, only to be tainted by the darkness of reality. His words had struck too close to the truth, and she felt her chest tighten with grief. Tearing her wrist free from his grip, she bolted, her feet carrying her up the stairs, away from the sharpness of his words.

Tears streamed down her face, blurring her vision as she rushed into the bedroom that had been given to her in this house that felt more like a prison. Slamming the door behind her, she collapsed onto the bed. The day had already been a whirlwind of emotions—her father’s funeral, her mother’s cold detachment, and now this. She had walked straight into hell, and deep down, she knew her mother had a hand in it.

Her mother. The woman who had married some wealthy stranger, dragging Y/N along with her into a nightmare she never signed up for. And now, she was stuck with an unhinged stepfather, an insane stepbrother, and a mother who was just as twisted as the rest of them.

She felt lost, utterly and completely lost.

Her thoughts swirled around her like a storm, too chaotic to make sense of. She could feel herself slipping, drowning in the weight of it all, when the sound of the door creaking open snapped her out of her spiraling thoughts.

She turned her head, her bloodshot eyes landing on the intruder.

Jungkook stood there, leaning against the doorframe with a devilish smirk playing on his lips. His arms were crossed over his chest, his posture oozing confidence, arrogance. "I wasn’t expecting you to run off like that," he remarked casually, as if their confrontation just moments ago hadn’t rattled her to the core.

Y/N resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Instead, she rolled over in bed, turning her back to him, her gaze fixated on the wall. She could feel his eyes burning into her, his presence heavy in the room as the silence stretched on.

"I just want to be left alone, please," she whispered, hoping he would take the hint and leave.

But the sound of the door closing behind him never came. She waited, the tension in the air thick enough to suffocate her, until finally, she forced herself to sit up. Her red, tear-streaked eyes met his, and for a moment, the weight of his gaze pinned her in place. There was something cold, emotionless in his stare, like he wasn’t quite human—like he was some kind of predator that had long since forgotten what it meant to feel anything at all.

They locked eyes for what felt like an eternity. The awkwardness between them hung in the air, suffocating her, until she couldn’t take it anymore. She snapped her gaze away, her voice breaking the silence with a whisper.

"Just kill me."

Her words hung in the air, a plea she hadn’t realized she was capable of uttering. But Jungkook didn’t flinch. In fact, he seemed to have expected it. His expression remained impassive, as if he’d been waiting for her to say those very words. Then, to her horror, a fake laugh echoed through the room, bouncing off the walls in a cruel symphony.

"You want me to kill you?" he asked, his voice thick with amusement. His accent slipped through more prominently now, giving each word a sinister edge. He moved forward, but she shrank back like a frightened animal. He paused, observing her reaction with a calculated gaze before closing the distance between them.

Her tears returned, flowing freely as the enormity of her situation crashed down on her all over again. She felt weak, vulnerable. "Can you just… take me home?" she begged, her voice trembling.

Jungkook let out an exaggerated sigh, as if the very idea annoyed him. "Fine. If you can give me an address, I’ll drive you to your so-called home."

For a brief moment, hope flickered in her chest. There was only one person she could think of—Taehyung. He was her boyfriend, her escape. He had been the one constant in her life, the one person who understood her pain after the loss of her father. He would take her in, no questions asked.

She gave him the address.

As they drove, she found herself sneaking glances at him, the man who sat behind the wheel. His face was chiseled, almost too perfect to be real. He exuded an aura of control, of power, as if he could bend the world to his will with a single glance. She tore her gaze away, focusing instead on the passing scenery, trying to calm the storm of emotions brewing inside her.

When the car finally came to a stop, she felt a wave of relief wash over her. She opened the door, stepping out into the cool night air. The house in front of her was familiar, a place she had sought comfort in many times before. She rushed to the door, knocking twice before glancing back at Jungkook. He was still in the car, watching her with unreadable eyes.

The door creaked open, and her heart stopped.

A girl, dressed in nothing but an oversized t-shirt, stood in the doorway. Her blonde hair was disheveled, her smile friendly but utterly misplaced.

"What can I do for you?" the girl asked, her voice laced with a slight country twang.

Y/N’s heart raced. She glanced over the girl's shoulder, her mind scrambling to make sense of what she was seeing. "Where’s Taehyung?" she managed to ask, her voice barely steady.

"Taehyung!" the girl called out, turning her head.

Moments later, Taehyung appeared, shirtless, sweat gleaming on his toned body. The second his eyes landed on Y/N, his expression changed. His once warm smile faltered, and something cold replaced it.

"What are you doing here, Y/N?" he asked, his voice distant.

Her heart shattered.

In that moment, everything fell apart. She didn’t need him to say anything else. The betrayal was written all over his face. She turned, tears burning her eyes as she walked back to Jungkook's car.

As she climbed into the passenger seat, Jungkook didn’t say a word. He simply started the engine and drove, leaving behind the fragments of her broken heart.

__________________________________________________

IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER THEN DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ,COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME 🖤.

YOUR AUTHOR
augustdie