INTRODUCTION

This Isn't Just a Story

You've crossed a line by opening this chapter. What you hold in your hands isn't just a collection of stories—it's a gateway. These are not tales of fiction. They are warnings, echoes of things that should never be remembered but cannot be forgotten.

People have claimed to feel a presence, a heaviness, as they read. Some say the book knows when you're afraid. As you turn the pages, your heartbeat will be tracked, your breathing monitored. The darker your thoughts, the closer it gets.

What you're about to experience is not for everyone. If you have any doubt, stop now. Put this book down and walk away. Once you begin, there is no going back. And remember, every horror comes with a price.

Rules for Survival

Once You Start Reading, Don't Stop Until the Chapter Ends
The entities in these stories don't like to be disturbed. Stopping mid-way leaves them unfinished, restless. Finish what you start, or they may finish it for you.

Read at Your Own Risk
These stories are dangerous. The more you engage, the more you attract them. If you feel a sudden chill or see a flicker in the corner of your eye while reading, put the book down. For a few minutes, you'll be safe.

Never Read Past Midnight
After midnight, the veil between our world and theirs weakens. The things written here may slip through. If you dare to read after midnight, do not be surprised if something starts to read with you.

Do Not Speak of Them
What you read stays between you and these chapters. Speaking aloud about these entities will call them closer. The more attention you give them, the more power they have to come through.

If You Hear a Whisper, Don't Turn Around
This has happened before. Readers have reported hearing faint whispers while reading these stories. If you hear one, do not turn around or try to find the source. They will not appreciate being seen.

The Stories Never Forget
Even when you finish reading, it stays with you. You may notice strange things in the days that follow—objects moved, reflections that don't match, a feeling of being watched. These stories like to leave a mark on those who dare to open it.

If You Sense You're Being Watched, You Are
It's not your imagination. They are watching. The more fear you feel, the stronger they become. If the feeling grows, close this story and put it away. For a time, they will stay on the other side.